• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Advice after high water rescue M939

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My suggestion to do now, and from here on out, would be to drain the air tanks very frequently. Your air dryer is going to be working overtime with all the humidity.

In times of disaster it's hard not to be the victim. It's an even larger feat to help others at the same time. I've been in your shoes many times over the years, making myself and everything at my disposal available to folks in desperate need of help. You're doing a good thing.

When the huge maintenance undertaking begins, and the postal service is back up and running, send me your address in a PM and I'll send you an MRAP air dryer upgrade to replace your current one. From one Good Ol' Boy to another...

Stay safe.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To a fellow Texan (from one who is higher, dryer and west'er (??) of all the water than Chaplain, and just out I-10 a bit, in Texas terms) My thanks to you as well!!!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Selflessly donating your truck and time.
Helping out those that are in desperate need.

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:

pevrs114

This is exactly what this site is for: To develop a love for these kinds of ex-military vehicles, but to use them to help others in ways that makes the world a better place.

Great work, dude!

3poffroad

Thank you guys for the kind words! The water is going down here but its still very bad in some spots. There was a lot of MVs (personally owned) out there busting ass and helping people. It was awesome to see the support.

Here are some more pictures from the last couple days

FB_IMG_1461200712944.jpg

Gunzy

3poffroad, you rock. And all of you who will send him parts, you also rock. This is exactly what it mean to be a "Selfless American." Keep it up all of you and thank you all for services rendered and asking for nothing in return. There are a lot of people that can learn from all of you.

AndyT

Thanks from a fellow Houstonian. I am in central Houston but was out your way (290/ Barker Cypress) on monday... its rough out there. Let me know if you ever need assistance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks