• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Advice for New Batteries

GPappy

I did a quick search but didn't really see any recent threads that had what I wanted. Need opinions of the best, most cost effictive batteries to use for a Deuce. Mine are dead, dead, dead, and I need to get it running ASAP. Need something strong and realiable that won't break the bank. Any suggestions???

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to your local wally world, napa, etc and buy a couple of 700-750 CCA post type batteries. Secure them in the tray. You'll be good.

plym49

When I was a kid in Brooklyn we had a good way to get new batteries on a budget. We'd take a battery out of a car that was parked on the street. A couple of days later, we'd replace the old battery and take the new one. This way we got a new battery for cheap.

4play

My duece has the same batts my 98 dodge diesel has. For 2 years its been starting fine, even in the cold. I bought them because at the time I figured if my dodge needed a battery I could swap them out between the two.

Motorcar

I've been running two NAPA standard post batteries for two years now with zero problems, same as any vehicle....clean, tight connections at all locations. :driver:

Darwin T

i went with the optima blue top D34M marine deep cycle/starting battery off amazon.com (the best price i found). i have been using the ones i have for 3 years now with a batteryminder and it's all great. when one of my other deuces batteries died i bought two more. i put them in my hurricane truck and moved the optimas from that to another one. never had a lick of trouble. hand me down batteries.

if you do this use the 8016-103 model the other one is not recomended for deep cycle work but it says deep cycle on the top.

Attachments

Last edited: