• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advice on 5-ton rear axle swap (M923A2)........

newguy2021

Hey guys/gals, I have owned a M923A2 5-ton for about a year now and love it. However, recently the forward rear axle pinion bearing went out. I purchased another rear axle take-out without realizing the take out axle was the back rear axle, not the forward rear axle, so several components are different. I assume that I can swap everything over and make it work, but now I am wondering if I can just swap the center chunks. Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey guys/gals, I have owned a M923A2 5-ton for about a year now and love it. However, recently the forward rear axle pinion bearing went out. I purchased another rear axle take-out without realizing the take out axle was the back rear axle, not the forward rear axle, so several components are different. I assume that I can swap everything over and make it work, but now I am wondering if I can just swap the center chunks. Any help or information is greatly appreciated.
You can swap just the chunks.

Putting it in from the top you will want to removed all of studs on the backside up to the even with the axle point.

Otherwise it is a pain in the butt to drop in and align and drop all the way down with all those studs in there.

Memphis equipment has the gaskets but it's easier to just use copper gasket maker from permatex.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks