• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advice on an APC M113

simoncrk

hey guys, ive gotta chance to buy two APC's cheap. they don't run but did about ten years ago. they have the air cooled engines in them. how hard is it to find parts for them? and how much are they worth? one has new under carriage. they're rusty but i haven't seen them in a while.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Besides what has been mentioned above, I would be concerned about what paperwork I would be getting with them. Would suck having men in black show up to take them back and then having to fight to get your money back.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think some pics would be in order for us to tell you what you have.

If indeed you have M113s, they are a rarity, I have only heard of a few legally owned ones....

dittle

The M75 has the same flat-6 air coolded supercharged engine as the M41 Walker Bulldog and M42 Duster, though I have heard the M75 engine is turned down in power a bit. The M113 (later models anyway) should have a Detroit diesel in it (can't remember what the original gas models had).

Chief_919

The M75 has the same flat-6 air coolded supercharged engine as the M41 Walker Bulldog and M42 Duster, though I have heard the M75 engine is turned down in power a bit. The M113 (later models anyway) should have a Detroit diesel in it (can't remember what the original gas models had).
The first ones had a Chrysler 361. There is one with the original 361 for sale not far down the road from me.

Yohan

Chief, is it the one on Uhrig's site? Ever heard her run?

You definitely need pics of what you have and how much the seller is asking. If they "ran when parked", consider first their parts value and transportation costs before you make an offer. I know of an American Legion down the road that wants a lawn ornament piece of track. Let me know if you pass and either of these are candidates. Thanks!

simoncrk

I dont have any pics. but they are M75s my mistake. how hard are they to get parts for. im very familiar with diesel and gas engines. but never worked on an airplane engine. is it that much different?

ida34

The airplane engine is a lot like a VW bug engine or an air cooled motorcycle engine. Not much different if you are a fair mechanic.

Yohan

The M75 has the flat 6 air cooled Continental AO895 engine. The Walker Bulldog has the AOS895 which is turbosupercharged.
One can also stuff the rutbosupercharges Walker Bulldog into an M75. You would need to adapt the throttle linkage is all.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
simoncrk...just so you know...in case you don't...the M75 weighs about 41,500lbs ish, the M113 weighs about 20 - 22,000 depending on the model and the M59 weighs around 42,600 lbs ish.

If they are M75's or M59's I'd say they need to be really cheap or really nice. If they are indeed M113's...you need to run away really fast!:roll: