• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need advice, think I popped a piston :(

n2ojunkie

No I haven't, I've been busy reading my house. I have drove it and everything felt and sounded good. I do plan on pulling the cover again and looking before I drive it back up north for hinting season. I'll check back when I do.

n2ojunkie

Ok here's an update. I thought I had everything fixed, Took it for short rides around my area and everything was good.

I went to make a 150 mile road trip for deer camp and it was a 14 hr adventure. First I had a fuel line break at the ip pump. Fixed that at a gas station. With a 11/16, 9/16 wrench a hammer a 7 mm deepwell socket and an awe. Lol took about 30 min and I was back on the road. About 5 miles later I had a knocking sound, same as before. So I pulled into a park and ride area that had a big over head light. I took the valve cover off and the rocker was loose again. And then I found another one loose.

I knew the engine wasn't going to last long but I had about 45 miles to go so i just wanted to make it to my friends, I can leave it there and figure out what I'm going to do from there. So i tightened them down and went for it. Well that lasted about 10 miles. The rest of it was slow going. At one point I called him and had him come help. I had him pull my with his truck just to go 25mph. Now this is at 3 am in the way back roads of northern Michigan. We seen maybe 10 cars the whole time, just wanted to say that so no one rupture I was doing this on city streets lol. Now I started out at 5pm yesterday and we arrived at 730am today. Not bad for 150 miles in a deuce ha? Lol.

Sorry no real update other than the engine was Eatting it self. I'm pretty sure the cam wore out. And caused the problems. I had over 60 psi. The while time untill the end.

Any one have a lds or a 6bt sitting around they want to give me? Lol sorry for any mistakes. I'm on my phone right now as everything is in the back of the deuce untill I can get to it in a little while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks