• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need alternator help fast

carctruck

So Im having serious charging issues, the more I drive the more the rear battery gets drained, RH alternator is cold, with key off red lead to ground has 24VDC white has 0, with key on red 24 white 12. diode tests ok, it there a quick test for the regulator I can perform with my multimeter? Gen 2 light is out with key on and while running, replaced with new bulb and no change, my voltmeter is currently below the red marking, need some pro tips.

Barrman

I would suggest looking in the -20 manual trouble shooting section and following the steps. Seems like you already figured out the truck side of the wiring seems ok.

How did you figure the diode Trio was good without taking the diode Trio out and checking resistance on each arm? That is covered in the -34 manual.

Many threads have been written about these test.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has your two pin plug (pigtail) been changed out? The factory colors are red and brown.

Also are you sure on the voltage? Working on the GEN2 alternator (passenger side) the voltages sholud be 24v not 12v.

Have you removed GEN2 and had it tested?

Not enough info to make a good diagnoses.

P.S......Don't you know that nothing about a CUCV is fast!!!! :razz::razz::razz:

carctruck

two bad batteries and a voltage regulator solved the problem, I did actually pull the diode from the alt to test with ohmeter. Rear battery held zero charge with it most likely why I got the 12vdc on the plug with key on, thanks for help, I tried searching other threads but I didnt really find any that were showing my symptoms, thanks again for the help

carctruck

Alright so issue is not resolved, when I check with my multimeter my RH side alternator is actually drawing current from my rear battery, what in the world would cause that, like I said I just replaced the voltage regulator and these are new batteries, couldnt find any threads with my same symptoms