• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Alternator help

twrecks

Hi Everone, been a little while since I was here last but I need a little help. I have a 1986 M925 that has the 100 amp alternator with the one bog quick disconnect wire loom going to it that as quit working, I called my Local supplier who sent me a replacement 60 amp alternator since I didn't know enough to know the difference. The 100 amp is prohibitively expensive so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if here is a way to wire in the 60 amp and get my truck back in service? I know just enough about alternators to be dangerous but have at least a basic understanding any help would be appreciated. I can post pics tomorrow if that helps.

74M35A2

It should only take the same 2-3 wires.

1. Larger constant 24V+ for battery charging
2. Smaller switched 24V+ to "turn on" the alternator with the ignition on
3. Possibly a ground wire if it does not use the case ground. In this case, the 100A may have it, and the 60A not. I don't have experience with the 100A military unit, but they all essentially need and work the same.

Vehicle wiring diagram will help also, of which I'm fairly confident you'll be told that within the next 2 postings....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks