• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need assistance - to replace broken passenger door glass!

olly69

I have looked thru the manuals but can't find how to remove the glass on the passenger door. I have a 1970 Deuce. (see picture) There are 2 retainer clips that seem to be the only thing holding the window in - but I am very new to this green illness! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the two clips off and the window will come out. The clips are a pain to deal with, you slide the clip a little to the hole and it should come off.

Last edited by a moderator:

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could be wrong but, it looks like the 2 stops are also not positioned right. That would let the window go up too far.

Woodsplinter

Did you read TM 9-2320-361-20? Section 11-5, page 11-7 has complete instructions and diagrams of the door and window assembly. That's how I figured out how to get mine out. Hope this helps!

olly69

THANK YOU! I read that section and printed it out, looks like that should be a great help. That's why I am so glad to have found this site - you guys are AWESOME! [I sure your wives may say differently-with the Green Disease] Thanks again ALL!