• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need beacon light

FrankUSMC

I am looking for a beagon light to mount on the top of my M530 fire truck. (M35 with fire fighting body) This is the dome style light. Does any one know of a parts truck with one on it? I am looking for a red one, but will go with yellow (convoy). This truck needs to be completed before our Crash, Fire, Rescue re-union this fall.
Thanks for any help.
Not as lean, not as mean, but still a Marine. Frank

FrankUSMC

Rice
I will also be contacting you on a door off your M530 body, plus some other parts. We have not started going full blast on the M530 yet. The young Marine sergeant I got to help me just got back from his 3rd tour of Irac, and had to go home on emergancy leave. I hope to get started next week end.
Please let me know if you want to get rid of the beacon......and if you find yourself in a weak moment and want to sell that Marine front bumper......could trade you a very nice Air Force one.
One of the few, Frank

rice

Frank, just let me know when you'd like the 530 door. Which door do you need? I think I'll hang on to the beacon. I will swap bumpers with you. I'm going to put a winch on it and it would look odd with the paper clips upside down.

rice

I'm missing the bracket that mounts the handle to the floor and the linkage that goes from the handle to the pto, and the lock that holds the handle in neutral. I believe I have everything else. You can get whatever you need, or the complete 530 body, I'd rather see it get used than scrapped. I cut several pipes removing it but otherwise its in pretty good shape

FrankUSMC

I will try to get all the parts you need for your truck on Monday.
I "might" be going to a school in Spartenburg this summer for 3 days, I will keep you posted on that. I could just pick up that highway that runs to Columbia and stop by. I will take what ever I can get off the body. The compartment doors were a very poor design and had a habbit of braking at the hinge area.
How is the running board on the back? Mine was hit by a forklift driver who drove by "feel".
If I get your winch parts on Monday, they will be down range next week to you.
One of the few, Frank

rice

Frank, the light in the picture is in the box. Its a Tripp 12 volt light, needs lens and the band that holds it on. The doors are all good except the rear vertical door on the drivers side is dented.

mangus580

Rick, I think Darin in PA was looking for some 530 body parts too.... I think originally he was intrested in your whole body, but had not gotten any response from you....

Boatcarpenter

Back to lights. My MV buddy Jim gave me a 12-24 volt Whelen Super Strobe 360 C which I want to use as a warning light on the Deuce. It threads onto 1" galvi pipe which fits nicely in 1 1/4" pipe so with drilling a few holes and a pin I can make it adjustable. Two ?'s, you fellas that have them, where did you tap into the electrical system and where can I buy a length of wire that is "precoiled" like a telephone cord so that it will come and go as the light is adjusted up or down.

Thanks,

BC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks