• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need beacon light

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen one or two mounted on the machine gun ring leg holder at the right door. Not exactly correct but a pretty darned good location. Here's a pic of Joe Shannons rig with one.

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

Thanks Mike
The pipe is not my big concern, have a 4 foot piece in my shed that screws right into the light. Only need a short length of 1 1/4 from the lumber yard to mount to the truck. 'Course, if you find the whole set up all drilled and pinned with a wire hanging out the bottom, more time to work on my brakes and pull the fuel pump to see why it was growling the other day.(still no smiles in quick reply)

Deuceswild

Boatcarpenter,
In regards to your power tap question,... I installed the convoy light kit on my Deuce and it came with everything for field installation including the wire diagram.
Power tap for the convoy lights is fed directly off of the circut breaker which is mounted right on the fire wall, ( Engine side of fire wall, just above steering colum ).

mangus580

I guess he is gonna keep it BC. Honestly, for the price of the Kit, its almost easier to buy the kit :) I think mine cost me like 180 shipped!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've installed one kit. The directions had me tapping the dimmer switch feed wire. This made to where the convoy lights were ony on in the service drive mode. I did it that way and never had a problem.

M35A2

Recovry4x4 said:
I've seen one or two mounted on the machine gun ring leg holder at the right door. Not exactly correct but a pretty darned good location. Here's a pic of Joe Shannons rig with one.

Hey Kenny,

I love that trailer. Is that a genuine issue trailer, or has it been made up using suitable vehicle bits?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was fabricated. Joe used a van body off of the M109A3 and the chassis is the back hal dof an M211. It suits him well. He's got a big inverter, big bank of batteries and a window A/C unit. Can run all night on a batery charge.

M35A2

Recovry4x4 said:
I was fabricated. Joe used a van body off of the M109A3 and the chassis is the back hal dof an M211. It suits him well. He's got a big inverter, big bank of batteries and a window A/C unit. Can run all night on a batery charge.

That is one awesome rig. Great bit of work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks