• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Boarding Ladder for M128A2C

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all,

I'm looking for the correct boarding ladder (NSN 2540-00-854-4445) for my M128A2C 12 Ton Semi Trailer. It is a 7 step ladder with hand rail that runs the length of the ladder. I'm currently using an M35 6 step ladder which works allright but is a little short. I'm restoring the trailer and really want the correct ladder that hangs on the left back door. Plus the M35 ladder is pretty steap at this angle.

I did track down the latest manufacturer, Delta Industries in ID. They are about to produce a run for uncle sam and can slide one in for me, but it's $500 :shock: Anyway, if anyone knows of any yards that might have it or know of one please let me know.

I'm also looking for a Ground Rod Slide Hammer.

Take care,

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin, Sorry i don't have a ladder. But i'm looking for a M128 to go behind my M52A2. Where did you get yours? And what would you think the going rate is? I have a M127, but would like to get the van also. Could you post some pics of the rear door? Thanks.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken, I got mine from GL, Camp Pendelton. Towed it off the base with my M275A2. I paid $232. I've seen them go for as much as about $700. Still a good deal though. The picture below is the best I have of the rear right now. Trailer weighs 15,700 pounds empty! I don't see many come up on GL, maybe 4 in the last 6 months, including mine.

Here's a couple from GL (these 2 were pretty rough, look at the rust):

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=903397

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=903396

Here's mine:

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=843805

Attachments

westfolk

From Kevin's post....the first pic(903397) is mine. Total cost $154.17 The second pic(903396) someone else got for.....total of $740.41 Why so much more I'll never know. Mine is in real good shape. A little paint coming off and that's it. The landing gear was partially disassembled. It came with the ladder minus the rail. The other one is in poor shape. I wanted them both because the serial #'s were consecutive.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Westfolk, From the pictures yours looks like the best. The other one looks like the outside panels are rusted through pretty bad. Wow, consecutive serial #'s. I seem to remember another one this year that was very nice in SC?

westfolk

Yeah, mine is 34211 while to other is 34210. I really wanted both, but someone REALLY wanted that other one. If it was in better shape I may have gone for it. But all and all I just could not see doing battle in that price range just so I could say I have two with consecutive numbers.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's sweet. As soon as my 52 is done, I'll start hunting. Any luck getting the SF97?

westfolk

I don't have my SF97. Bought while they weren't handing them out. However now all I have to do is fax in the info and get it. Well that and give GL $60.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken,

BODY MATERIAL - STEEL AND WOOD
OVERALL LENGTH - 353.000 INCHES NOMINAL
OVERALL HEIGHT - 143.625 INCHES NOMINAL
OVERALL WIDTH - 96.000 INCHES NOMINAL
INSIDE WIDTH - 89.000 INCHES NOMINAL
INSIDE LENGTH - 338.000 INCHES NOMINAL
INSIDE HEIGHT - 78.000 INCHES NOMINAL
CAPACITY RATING - 12.00 TONS
DISTANCE FROM KINGPIN CENTER TO FRONT END - 31.000 INCHES
SUSPENSION TYPE ROCKER ARM W/THROUGH SHAFT AXLE
COUPLING TYPE FIFTH WHEEL UPPER PLATE W/KINGPIN
DOOR LOCATION AND QUANTITY 2 REAR END
WHEEL ARRANGEMENT STYLE 15 REAR TANDEM, DUAL
RETRACTABLE SUPPORT FEATURE INCLUDED
SERVICE BRAKE TYPE AIR-HYDRAULIC

Westfolk,

I got mine during the no SF97 fiasco as well, but the auction didn't say "no title" so I asked when I got to Pendelton and it was there. Must have been at the tail end.

Take care,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks