• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEED carb fuel inlet tab float spring

Rich Johnson

My darn truck has sat for a while and Ive been starting it periodically. Well the fuel is going bad, need to burn it all out and refresh.
The truck wasn't getting fuel, the float was stuck so I pulled off the fuel inlet and nudged the float, wala it floats and moves again...
BUT, I dropped the **** inlet housing and the pin and spring.
I LOST the spring. I found the pin but cannot find the spring. The truck sits in front of my house so I do have to move it occasionally.
Its awating new tires so I can actually drive it on the road, when budget allows me to.

Has anybody rebuilt a carb recently and have this spring left over from the take out parts?
Please? I don't want to buy a whole kit for one spring......

Rich Johnson

How do I ask for the spring part? is there a commercial part it crosses over to?
This is the spring on the fuel inlet needle that pushes on the float tab.

Rich Johnson

Yes, its the float needle that is in the brass hex fitting fuel inlet. The spring goes into the needle and springs a pin against the float.
I searched for a few hours and could not find the spring but I found the pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks