• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEED CCKW bed measurment

choppa

can anyone help me? I am looking to purchase a front bed panel from a late war composite CCKW bed that unblots from the CCKW bed assembly.

Its my wish to use this to some degree on my Chevy G-506 all steel welded cargo bed body.

THing is, I dont know the width (inside) or a CCKW bed to know if a CCKW bed panle will work for me.

My intensions are to weld , or graft, this CCKW panel onto mine after cuttting the mess out of my beds front so being exact isnt neccessary. However, if the bed is like 6 inches wider, I might have a problem.

Anyone know, or could easliy take a tape measure to their CCKW bed (INSIDE side rail to side rail) and let me know?

Much appreciated!

WW2Chevy

I have put together a set of drawings for the front panel of the Chevy 1-1/2 ton all steel bed. They were measured directly from the front panel of my truck. Perhaps it would be easier to have the parts fabricated, than to try and hack together the panel from a completely different box. The drawings are for sale for a nominal price.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2526/3942659646_f27c5ddb55.jpg

Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks