• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need close up photo and length of spare retaining rod on M151

Boyd Collins

Hi. I hope someone with a 151 can help me out. I recently bought a 1963 M151 and some previous owner sawed off the piece of metal stock that protrudes out on the side of the spare tire retainer on the rear panel. I can get a new one made at a welding shop, but I need to know the exact length and a photo of what it is supposed to look like. I hear that it is supposed to have a hole in the end for a padlock. Is the steel rod just cut off on the end or it is rounded off, etc? Any help that I can get from someone to take a photo for me of one close up with out the spare tire being mounted and measure the total length of it, would be most appreciated! Thanks.

Boyd

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M151A2. When I get home, I'll take the spare off and measure the piece of metal. Yes, there is a hole at the end of it to lock the spare tire on.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The total length of the metal bar is 2 5/8". It sticks out 1 7/16" beyond the plate. The bar is 1/2" round, and is tapered at the edge. The hole diameter is 1/4".

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are very welcome. :) Oh, and welcome to Steel Soldiers and the Green Iron Laughing Academy! :cookoo: :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks