• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need cucv water in fuel sensor from filter base

ida34

If anyone has an old filter base with the water in fuel sensor let me know how much you want for it. If I do not hear anything by Monday I am going to have to order a whole new base. If you can help let me know.

Chuck

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somewhere recently, there were new whole bases for about $50. I think they had the sensors in them. It was posted on the forum.

Does the -20P part number come up in a google search? It may be a GM part number.

ida34

The filter base is used on GM 1 ton trucks and I found a sensor at Autozone. It was $136. I figured a lot of people replace them because a leaking pressure sensor so I was hoping someone had one laying around. I have my eye on the new base but they do not come with the pressure sensor. Changing the water sensor is a lot easier than changing the pressure switch and the new style bases apparently have a slightly different pressure switch. If no one has the switch laying around I plan to order the base tomorrow. They are $54.99 with 12.88 shipping from the source you are talking about. The same place has them listed on ebay for buy it now of $59.99 with 12.88 shipping. I appreciate it but I am pretty cheap. It pained me to have to get a brake booster for my F-350 yesterday.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand where your coming from.

Pm Clinto, he has a parts cucv, I think.

Also Hawkman in Pa. he usually has cucv parts, and is easy to deal with.

lavarok

The new bases do not come with the pressure sensor as it is not needed.
On the new bases, that port is blocked off. It is only used by the diagnostic circuit, so unless you are using your STE-ICE set to troubleshoot your truck, you will be ok!

The filter bases are on Ebay for less than $75 delivered.

lavarok

I should add, I just installed ( this past week ) a new filter base from the Ebay seller and it works perfectly. Bolted right up, no leaks. No pressure switch needed.

ida34

Thanks. FAL shooter. I have not heard anything back yet. I was lucky and even though the tip was broken off it still sealed and did not leak. My son was happy but I still do want to replace it. I do not know if the water in fuel light will work at this point without a new sensor. If you got one pm me a price.

Thanks
Chuck

army98

Sorry for the delay, I found mine , pm me with adress ect and I'll send it to you. (you can pay me back for shippping after)

CUCV85

The new bases do not come with the pressure sensor as it is not needed.
On the new bases, that port is blocked off. It is only used by the diagnostic circuit, so unless you are using your STE-ICE set to troubleshoot your truck, you will be OK!

The filter bases are on Ebay for less than $75 delivered.
Your best to just get the one the rest of us have purchased!
The one without the sensor!
http://oem-surplus.com/gmwp/gmc.htm?zoom_highlight=chevy+fuel+filter
54.99 plus 12.88 shipping part number 12471725
and it comes damage free with Stanadyne Filter in a GM Factory Box.
The Sensor is completely BOGUS Military Set up.
Your Water in Fuel Light will work, just plug in.
The Fuel Heater "MIGHT" work HAHAHA
again just plug in - and Roll Out...

Last edited:

ida34

A member should be sending one as I speak. Thanks for the offers. I knew about the base for $54.99 but since the major problem on these is the pressure sensor I figured someone might have a water in fuel light sensor from a leaking block. Mine was not bad and is not leaking so I only need to replace the bad sensor. If I ever have a problem with the block leaking I will get a new one without the pressure sensor.

Chuck

lavarok

I knew about the base for $54.99 but since the major problem on these is the pressure sensor
Hi,

As I tried to point out previously, the new style filter blocks do not have the pressure sensor since it is NOT needed. On the new style bases, the port is blocked off internally. No pressure sensor required. Bolt them on and they are ready to go. For the price you cant beat it since it includes the filter that normally runs $20+ at the auto parts store.... $22 around here.

I repeat, NO pressure sensor is required on the new style filter bases. Unless your using the STE-ICE set, your not using the pressure sensor on the old base.

Last edited:

ida34

I understand no pressure sensor is required on the new bases but my sensor and base is not leaking so NO replacement base is needed. I just put around $300 into the thing in the last two weeks, I had to put another $100 into another vehicle and still need to get $240 worth of body parts for my M151. All this adds up to me not wanting to spend $66.79 on the whole base when I was sure another member had a sensor lying around. When I did my first post I thought the broken sensor would leak. It does not so if I could not get one cheap I would probably not have gotten one right now. I agree the new filter base would be better but I did not want to spend the money unless I needed to. My resistance is money based not based on my wanting to keep the pressure sensor. I do not have a STE-ICE and do not care if the pressure sensor on mine works or not. Again, the problem with the older filter blocks was a leak at the pressure sensor. Most people replace them because of the sensor leaking. This led me to think there were a few people with a water in fuel sensor from the replaced filter blocks. The price may not be able to be beat but someone has gifted me one. I was prepared to spend $20 on one but any more than that and I would have just gotten the whole new base. I appreciate the info but I do know the new base does not need the pressure sensor.

ida34

does someone have the part number for that new base? please
Call 262-244-1262 ask for part number 12471725, $49.99 complete base including filter in original GM box and marked CUCV as well. This is plug and play, no swapping out parts

From another post by another member. They are now $54.99 with $12 shipping.

CUCV85

does someone have the part number for that new base? please
sometimes you just gotta scroll up in a thread, HERE

Your best to just get the one the rest of us have purchased!
The one without the sensor!
http://oem-surplus.com/gmwp/gmc.htm?...vy+fuel+filter
54.99 plus 12.88 shipping part number 12471725
and it comes damage free with Stanadyne Filter in a GM Factory Box.
The Sensor is completely BOGUS Military Set up.
Your Water in Fuel Light will work, just plug in.
The Fuel Heater "MIGHT" work HAHAHA
again just plug in - and Roll Out... u just gotta scroll up in a thread

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks