• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need "Current Value" for DMV

So delaware has thrown me for a loop, they say they NEED a current value quote for the deuce so they can see how much theyre going to charge me in order to register it. I already have been quoted for 364/year if I tag it with the 23k GVW, but apparently i can change it according to the max load i intend to carry in it (yes I told them its for personal use, but was upfront about the whole 23k GVW thing) and the usual 25 bucks for a DE title.

So my question to my fellow Steel Soldiers is, other than driving to the nearest Jeep dealer and saying "Hey, this thing was made by Jeep and DMV wants a current value estimate to ra....i mean charge me with, and yes your company did make it" How would I go about (cheaply, money is a tad tight because im inbetween jobs) get a Current value for a soon to be mine 1971 Jeep Corp M35A2?

this is the last of my ducks that needs to be put in the row and then ill be rollin on 6x6 by christmas :driver:

rlwm211

I would say with all the deuces coming out of GL that whatever the average price is that a few people you know who has deuces the same yer would be good enough. Maybe 2500. After all, the value is what is paid for the truck as you got it.

RL

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've shown the bill of sale to the county when registering it and to the Highway department. County does not care what I paid, they say it's worth $500 because of age, so that's what I pay taxes on. State wants to know if the sales tax has been paid, after that, they don't care. Insurance value I carry is $3000 per truck, but I have less than that in each of them. As prices start to rise, I will have to adjust that.2cents

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think that your state want to know what you paid for it(value), to tax you appropriately. Do you have a bill of sale? If you bought it from GL, didn't you already pay sales tax?

Why not tell them scrap price! Easy to document...

If they simply need a number, tell them $2000 and show them some closed GL auction results.

well I just got off the phone with the used car guy at NuCar Hummer :lol: he said that he cant do it, though if he could he'd be more than happy too, but to call DMV back tomorrow and see if they will take the bill of sale as the appraised value, if thats the case, ill only be paying about 170 to register my deuce.

btw, apparently it turns out that his brother up in Vermont owns one as well :grd: wonder if it's anyone on here :?:

Nice Idea DH, ill see what a friend of my so skilled in these matters better than I has to say in that area, if so, i may just tell them about 2k with a few GL printouts

Last edited:

ABN173

I would say with all the deuces coming out of GL that whatever the average price is that a few people you know who has deuces the same yer would be good enough. Maybe 2500. After all, the value is what is paid for the truck as you got it.

RL
Maybe but you might want to consider that the well is almost dry, so your value will increase greatly once GL and GSA runs out of these.

Maybe but you might want to consider that the well is almost dry, so your value will increase greatly once GL and GSA runs out of these.
Well as it sits, I just need a "right Now" value, already told the insurance company I payed 4600, so they valued it at 5k, but as far as I know, DE DMV wont take the agents word for it. I pretty much need an NADA type value for it, but of course, NADA has no idea what it is :cookoo:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I registered my Deuce, a 1969 Kaiser Jeep W/W in Georgia with the value I paid GL, which was $2500.00. I didn't have to pay sales tax when I picked it up. I just renewed my registration for 2011 last week. My Georgia tag fee is $25.00 and the taxes are $1.11 so I pay an annual total of $26.11 for my Deuce in Georgia.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks