• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Deuce identification number / manufacturer help

utsurplus

I just bought my first Deuce a couple of weeks ago. Picking it up went very well thanks to all the helpful information on this site. I'm trying to get the SF-97 paperwork submitted on it but am having trouble finding out some of the information. I have read the excellent article on decoding the id and registration numbers but am not sure of the manufacturer. The registration number is 04M94570 which seems to indicate it was contracted in 70, is that the model year? Also the data plate with the identification number has the manufacturer and contract number fields blank, is that normal? The identifiaction number is 0525-16711. Any help determining the actual year and manufacturer would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

ida34

If it is a 70 model it is a Kaiser-Jeep. Your truck was probably a depot rebuild which would probably mean the only original part from the 1970 Kaiser-Jeep truck it was is the Frame. When they depot rebuild the truck becomes a mix master from the 1st parts on the shelf when the truck is reassembled. As such they put new generic data plates on it. They take the frame serial number and apply it to the new data plate. They rarely take the time to stamp the original make as you probably have stuff from several makes now in the vehicle. With that in mind I would just put down 1970 Kaiser-Jeep with the serial number from your frame. I would double check to make sure it matches the one on the dash. Someone else will have to verify what you have by the numbers given, but if it is a 1970 then Kaiser-Jeep is what you want to put for Make.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Here's what I found:
Organization: 145 SPT SQDN 116TH ARMORED CAV CO B DET 4
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 NSN:2320000771616
Serial Number:52516711 Registration Number:4M94570 Year of Mfg:1970
Manufacturer:65909 Usage Miles: 9751

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
ok , I need help too , i tried reading the thread , but im stuck!

I have been told I have a 1970 Am Gen M35 , but it doesnt add up.

VIN is , 04D38471052519542 - please help so I can make a title correction , Jay

utsurplus

Thanks for the excellent info.

ida34- The truck was depot rebuilt at the Tooele Army Depot in 91, I just found a tag on it. It sounds like you were right on the money. I will definately verify the identification numbers on the frame and data plate both match.

medlog- Your records sure are accurate. I found markings on the bumpers that match up with the information you found.

Thanks for all your help.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Here ya go bulldog:

Organization: GARRISON RESERVE COMPONENT SUPPORT ELEMENT
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 NSN:2320000771616
Serial Number:52519542 Registration Number:4D38471 Year of Mfg:1971
Manufacturer:65909 Usage Miles: 41340

saddamsnightmare

March 22nd, 2008.

JEEZ, JAY!!!

I won't comment on your selling off a Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W with 21,340 miles to just get another Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with 41,340 miles! The only difference seems to be the mileage and the paint job? Did you get the photos of your old deuce in the Snail Mail yet??? "Saddam's Nightmare" will be displeased that she was traded off for a more worn truck, but you Army types are used to riding in these..... GET an AIR FORCE M35A2 if you want a really righteous ride and well maintained.... In any case, I figure I got the better truck, because mine runs every day all the time now that the starter pushbutton switch got changed out last month.... now she's not allergic to the cold as she used to be. I just wish I could get the Unimog back on her feet after the extremely contaminated gasoline I got here back in December..... D--N Texans are running the gasoline storage tanks right down into the mud, rust and water waiting for the prices to drop before refilling......

Have fun and thank's again MEdlog for bailing both Jay and myself out on our truck's histories.....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 686A Tan, Wo/W (Jay's old ride) "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran Deuce
""??"" Johnson MFG Co. M105A2 1-1/2 Ton Trailer, Cargo, MERDC or NATO 4 color woodland scheme
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, Mercedes Benz Model S404.114 (NATO) green
rofl :ditto: :beer:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There is a whole thread on this....so yes. Look for the 2016 VIN INFO thread. This thread is the clearing house for the VIN INFO.

For those that happen onto this thread in 2017 or future years, each year we close and open a thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks