• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need DMV help from NJ members

mikey

OK, rant first... so I got my two Arizona titles today and spent 2.5 hours in DMV for nothing. First I was told the VIN was wrong and I could not use it. I referenced the VIN# on the Arizona title in the lady's hand and she called her manager who proceeded to tell her that it was fine because the trucks were from 1970.

Then I was told I needed accurate mileage as I entered zero on the request for title. I told her the trucks had no odometers. She said I needed the milage. I told her put 0. She said she can't knowingly put a false number. She called her manager and was told to put 0 and "C" for "Not actual Mileage".

Then Finally I was told there was a special process in NJ for vehicles from Government Liquidation and this woman, nor her manager, knew the process. They placed a call to another agency. I waited 20+ minutes. I was then told the other agency is closed and they will call me tomorrow. I argued that she had an Arizona title in her hand and this truck would be no different than me buying a honda civic in AZ and getting a title in NJ. She disagreed. I should add, I had everything from GL including Bill of Sale.

Here is where I need help. Do any NJ members know of a competent person at ANY DMV in NJ who I can go to? I don't care what DMV it is; I'd rather drive 2 hours and get it done once than go to DMV four times at 1 hour per trip and deal with idiots. I am not looking for a DMV location. I know that will still be luck of the draw. I'm looking for a name, a person you know who works at DMV that knows how to title a deuce.

Thanks

Mikey

FormerNewMVGuy

OK, rant first... so I got my two Arizona titles today and spent 2.5 hours in DMV for nothing. First I was told the VIN was wrong and I could not use it. I referenced the VIN# on the Arizona title in the lady's hand and she called her manager who proceeded to tell her that it was fine because the trucks were from 1970.

Then I was told I needed accurate mileage as I entered zero on the request for title. I told her the trucks had no odometers. She said I needed the milage. I told her put 0. She said she can't knowingly put a false number. She called her manager and was told to put 0 and "C" for "Not actual Mileage".

Then Finally I was told there was a special process in NJ for vehicles from Government Liquidation and this woman, nor her manager, knew the process. They placed a call to another agency. I waited 20+ minutes. I was then told the other agency is closed and they will call me tomorrow. I argued that she had an Arizona title in her hand and this truck would be no different than me buying a honda civic in AZ and getting a title in NJ. She disagreed. I should add, I had everything from GL including Bill of Sale.

Here is where I need help. Do any NJ members know of a competent person at ANY DMV in NJ who I can go to? I don't care what DMV it is; I'd rather drive 2 hours and get it done once than go to DMV four times at 1 hour per trip and deal with idiots. I am not looking for a DMV location. I know that will still be luck of the draw. I'm looking for a name, a person you know who works at DMV that knows how to title a deuce.

Thanks

Mikey

I've been flipping GL titles at the Flemington NJ DMV for quite a while now (4 years) with no problems.

The last one i did was three weeks ago.

Last edited:

fasttruck

You didn't say what kind of plates you want to get . Qq i.e historical or private plates or commercial plates ? You do not need a sf 97 in the enchanted land of new jersey as they assign it from gl to the winner of the auction if you live elsewhere. Nj will not accept a reassigned sf 97. Sf 97 scam will delay you a month and cost $60.00 for a form you cannot use thus gl provided a title. At one time all this specialty titling and licensing was done a 201 e. State st trenton, but in the name of convenience in 2011 this work has been farmed out to five regional offices none of which are open on monday. In north jersey it is wayne or n0rth bergen. Check with some reliable person for one in south jersey. Everything with njmvc is oriented to getting you to make multiple trips and delaying the transaction as long as possible. Got a cdl with a hazmat endorsement ? Get ready to endure real pain to renew it.

fasttruck

There shouild be provision on the titling form to indicate that the vehicle: does not have a milkage recording devise, the milage recording devise is broke, or the mechanical limits of the milkage recording device have been exceeded. this should dispell any confusion on milage.

mikey

You didn't say what kind of plates you want to get . Qq i.e historical or private plates or commercial plates ? You do not need a sf 97 in the enchanted land of new jersey as they assign it from gl to the winner of the auction if you live elsewhere. Nj will not accept a reassigned sf 97. Sf 97 scam will delay you a month and cost $60.00 for a form you cannot use thus gl provided a title. At one time all this specialty titling and licensing was done a 201 e. State st trenton, but in the name of convenience in 2011 this work has been farmed out to five regional offices none of which are open on monday. In north jersey it is wayne or n0rth bergen. Check with some reliable person for one in south jersey. Everything with njmvc is oriented to getting you to make multiple trips and delaying the transaction as long as possible. Got a cdl with a hazmat endorsement ? Get ready to endure real pain to renew it.
There shouild be provision on the titling form to indicate that the vehicle: does not have a milkage recording devise, the milage recording devise is broke, or the mechanical limits of the milkage recording device have been exceeded. this should dispell any confusion on milage.
I understand the sf97 problem in NJ. I went in to dmv today with bill of sale from GL and AZ title from GL. Gl did a great job, notarized everything, signed all the right spots... I guess that's why I was expecting to be in and out in an hour. I do want QQ plates, but I am aware that this DMV does not provide them, only about six DMV's in NJ do. Today I just wanted NJ titles. I then need to get insurance before I can get the qq plates.

The AZ title has zero milage and states odometer is broken. I had to point that out to the clerk when she was telling me she couldn't give me a title without the mileage

I've been flipping GL titles at the Flemington NJ DMV for quite a while now (4 years) with no problems.

The last one i did was three weeks ago.
I may try flemington, depending on how tomorrow goes. I went to south brunswick today. Flemington is only about an hour. Thanks!

Sounds like your typical DMV. Makes no sence to me. Tell them it is a jeep truck. She is making it harder than it needs to be.
I never told her anything. I did not mention military, I did not mention gvwr, three axels, nothing. She started denying me the moment she had the title and bill of sale in hand. The title states Jeep Pickup and the AZ title also states mileage at zero and that the mileage is not accurate. It is so frustrating with these people.

mikey

did you get florida titles from gl --what did they send you--George
DONE.... George, I got AZ titles. Maricopa County. Thank you Sheriff Joe!

It's amazing the difference a competent employee makes. I was in and out of Eatontown DMV in under 40 minutes. Walked up the counter, gave the guy the same paperwork I handed to the woman in South Brunswick yesterday, AZ title and GL Bill of sale. He looked at it, said "so you want to flip these?", I said yes. He made copies of the bill of sale, told me to sit down. 25 minutes later I was called to the cashier, paid for my titles and left.

Now the insurance and registration fun begins....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks