• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need driver for m925? CDL, Hillsboro, OR. 10 mile drive

carbonraptor

I have a military truck in Hillsboro oregon like I was saying above I need to move my 5 ton m925. I am in the porcess of getting it to the point of bring it back home to Central Oregon but at the moment I dont have a class B CDL yet, and I need to drive it to a storage facility in hillsboro. I dont want to risk driving it illegally and getting caught so I need some help. It has a heavy trip permit and its insured so I just need a driver. Anyone interested? I have to move it today, friday, before 6pm at the latest. Ill be online for a quick reply as I know this is a pretty tight timeframe deal. Ill compensate you for your help, thanks in advance 541-848-3033

Ryan

Last edited:

carbonraptor

Actually I got it from Fort Lewis up there in washington but close yea. There was a lot of these trucks going for sale around there at the time. I got lucky actually and everything worked, transmission, engine, lights, nothing bad, oil looked new. Purrs like a kitten :) I also have a M923 that is identical except it is just solid green and one year older but still very nice. It came out of vegas tho :)

I have a military truck in Hillsboro oregon like I was saying above I need to move my 5 ton m925. I am in the porcess of getting it to the point of bring it back home to Central Oregon but at the moment I dont have a class B CDL yet, and I need to drive it to a storage facility in hillsboro. I dont want to risk driving it illegally and getting caught so I need some help. It has a heavy trip permit and its insured so I just need a driver. Anyone interested? I have to move it today, friday, before 6pm at the latest. Ill be online for a quick reply as I know this is a pretty tight timeframe deal. Ill compensate you for your help, thanks in advance 541-848-3033

Ryan
Did you ever get this thing moved?

carbonraptor

Well its like this. And mind you I have spent a ton of time looking all this up. i have talked to ODOT, my local DMV, and the DMV headquarters in salem. The CDL manual which I have here in my hand right now for oregon says if the vehicle has a GVW or GVWR of 26,001 lbs or more it requires a CDL class B at minimum. The data plate in my m925 says GVW 23,275 and the GVWR is 10,000 lbs above that. By the book that says yes you need a CDL. Its BS becuase RV's are longer and weight a but load more but yet they dont require a cdl. But thats how it works UNLESS you can add a stove and living quarters. Something like that? Which makes it qualify as a RV or you register the vehicle as a "special interest" vehicle. That means you only are legal to drive it to and from special events like parades or shows. That also means you get a special license plate for it to seperate it from the rest. NOT a normal T plate. You and I know this is BS but any officer I have talked to so far has told me he will give you a ticket or even worse impound ur rig. Washington isnt that way I dont think and many other states are relaxed as well but Oregon has something wedged up their as*. I woulder how you can submit a request of change for the rules book. I dont Drive commercially, for business or anyting else but personal. I dont even think I own enough crap to put in the back of this truck to get it over the 26,000 lb marker. Its just a joke.

Last edited:

commandojeff

Well its like this. And mind you I have spent a ton of time looking all this up. i have talked to ODOT, my local DMV, and the DMV headquarters in salem. The CDL manual which I have here in my hand right now for oregon says if the vehicle has a GVW or GVWR of 26,001 lbs or more it requires a CDL class B at minimum. The data plate in my m925 says GVW 23,275 and the GVWR is 10,000 lbs above that. By the book that says yes you need a CDL. Its BS becuase RV's are longer and weight a but load more but yet they dont require a cdl. But thats how it works UNLESS you can add a stove and living quarters. Something like that? Which makes it qualify as a RV or you register the vehicle as a "special interest" vehicle. That means you only are legal to drive it to and from special events like parades or shows. That also means you get a special license plate for it to seperate it from the rest. NOT a normal T plate. You and I know this is BS but any officer I have talked to so far has told me he will give you a ticket or even worse impound ur rig. Washington isnt that way I dont think and many other states are relaxed as well but Oregon has something wedged up their as*. I woulder how you can submit a request of change for the rules book. I dont Drive commercially, for business or anyting else but personal. I dont even think I own enough crap to put in the back of this truck to get it over the 26,000 lb marker. Its just a joke.
Isn't it 20,000 above for the GVWR? It's 5 ton capacity off road use. 10 ton on road use. That would mean the GVWR is 43,275. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I put on my SF-97 and all is good :razz:.

carbonraptor

Im pretty sure my vehicle data plate says GVWR is 32,275 and the GVW is 23,275
if you have a m925a1 like mine your data plate should be the same. I would imagine you would just put what it says for GVWR. Unless there are two of them listed for on and off road use!?!? Ill have to look to be sure. But likley its only 32,275 for the GVWR :)