• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need electrical help in suwanee ga

tripp2727

i have been out of lights for a while now due to a lack of knowledge and time to fix it. i am to the point where i am willing to pay someone to help get my lights back on. i am pretty sure there is a short somewhere in the steering column or dash. i all of a sudden lost lights one night like the black out switch was flipped and then miraculously a few weeks later the lights started working again only to shut back off the next day. i thought that the black out switch might be corroded so i took it apart to inspect and think i broke it as well. so...if anyone is in the north atlanta area and knows of a good mechanic who can work on cucv's or if anyone would like to help me out i will be more than willing to pay/buy beer/dinner/ **** ill even take you out on a date... i just want my truck fixed. thanks again tripp

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headlights only or all lights?

If it is headlights only the fusebox may be the issue, The 30 amp fuse (#7 in the diagram) is known to overheat and "melt" the fuse box. This causes the fuse to not make good contact. Out of the three CUCVs I have had, two where like that.

Check the fuse and clean the contacts anyway. If you broke the BO switch then it will need to be replaced. I have seen some on ebay before.

Attachments

tripp2727

none of the lights work as well as the horn. i was curious of there is any way to just bypass the whole black out system since i dont use it and now i have to find a switch somewhere. i thought i had read that i could connect the orange wires or something??

aboonski

We had a similar problem on the way home to Florida with an M1010 - turned out to be the bright/dim switch located halfway down the steerig column. I'll bet that's where you problem is. There's a cable that runs down to it from the lever that activates the switch. Look for a white switch - I think it has three wires going to it.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if you need a black out switch I wil give you one I am over in Rockmart ga I work on CUCV all the time I have 3 right now a M1009, M1031 and a M1008.
AEC Retired Tony
2 M35A1
3 M35A2
1 M816
1 M561
5 M105A2
And other green things