• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Facet Fuel pump

ETN550

Where do I find a 24vdc fuel pump like the ones on the MEP002, 003, 016B for reasonable cost?

I have a 016E that is a fresh Yanmar conversion and the brand new pump that they add to supply the injection pump went bad after only 1 hr of running. I disassembled it and the coil in it is open when checked with my multi-meter.

Initially it was tripping my 7.5vdc breaker on the panel but after messing with it and causing the breaker to trip a bunch of times while I was unplugging everyting and looking for a short, it eventually went from shorted to open.

I notice the Facet pumps offered on line do not include the device in the wiring upstream of the pump. What is that? It is hardwired in so part of the pump assy? Something to do with radio interference maybe?

Thanks for any replies

Doug

DieselBob

I notice the Facet pumps offered on line do not include the device in the wiring upstream of the pump. What is that? It is hardwired in so part of the pump assy? Something to do with radio interference maybe?

Thanks for any replies

Doug
You are correct it is a EMI filter. You might try Delks. They tend to carry a large amount of parts for the generators.

Delk's Army Navy Surplus_Home

Also you can post in the "parts wanted" classified section on here.

Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies, Inc. has them listed on their site but there pricey.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=8850

I have also seen these pumps at PepBoy's auto. If you have one local you might check to see the cost for them to order one. 2cents

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't need it.

ETN550

Diesel Bob,

Thanks for the leads. I'll try Pep Boys first. We have one close by.

Doghead,

Good info on the emi filter. As a last ditch attempt to find out what was wrong I stripped some of the wire bare between the emi device and the pump and shorted the pump with 24vdc bypassing the emi device hoping it was bad. No luck.

I'm keeping the plunger and inlet screen for spares.

Doug

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks