• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need frame to bed mounting technical information

TCD

Howdy,

I am interested in getting any technical information about the bolts, nuts and springs used to attach the bed of a 923-a2 to the frame.

I am working on a design to mount a “Craig 73” box on to a 923-a2 bed that the sides have been removed for clearance.

The truck:
923-a2-Naked.jpg

The box:
Craig-73-a.jpg

I am considering a rigid mount directly to the bed. This PDF has me thinking about a system that replaces the drop down side mounting system (something like the picture at the bottom of page 16):

www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA302611

I am also considering a “spring mount” duplicating the original frame to bed mounting.

I am also interested in buying some springs that were originally used to mount the bed to the frame of a 923-a2.

ALL technical info, thoughts and comments greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Happy Tails,

tom n tyler

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If the drop sides have been removed, your job is simple! Run cable or chain binders from the corners of the box to the "C" welded to the center of the bed.

939 xlwb.jpg

See that "C" between the duals under the bed? Thats what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks