• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need FUEL IN WATER SENSOR

crownjewel4

I need the Fuel in water sensor for my M1009.
I purchased a new base and filter, but still need the FUEL IN WATER SENSOR for the base.

Anyone know where to purchase?
Or have one for sale quick?

Need to finish my project.

Thanks much,

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, fuel in my water sucks. That's why I could never understand the concept of gin and tonic, or rum and Coke, or whiskey and water. Just....seems....wrong somehow....

dependable

The new base should have sensor included. I believe the sensor that is left off the new type base is the STE ICE pressure sensor, which often leaked air, so it was left off the improved base.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The water in fuel sensor is NOT necessary. The last three bases I have purchased did not them. I spoke with Stanadyne and they said that part is no longer made.

The ONLY way you will find one is NOS...

Good luck. I finally gave up.

Miah

so are there any suggestions on how to work around it with the stock setup?

I've been searching the forums here & it seems like a fair chunk of people have reading comprehension issues & when you mention the water sensor they tell you to replace the base because of fuel pressure sensor leak.

If I got it right the water sensor is the lowest & it bolts to the back of the base & runs through it into a grommeted port on the bottom of the filter. The pressure sensor is the round sensor in the middle of the base & is what usually folk have issue with & has been removed on newer bases.

Saying the water sensor is not necessary means your fuel filter would just dump diesel all-over if you tried to run w/o it. Mine's leaking between the sensor & the filter grommet & I don't particularly want to buy $75 worth of filter housing assembly just to fix a piddly bolt-on part leak.

Last edited:

crownjewel4

Yes

so are there any suggestions on how to work around it with the stock setup?

I've been searching the forums here & it seems like a fair chunk of people have reading comprehension issues & when you mention the water sensor they tell you to replace the base because of fuel pressure sensor leak.

If I got it right the water sensor is the lowest & it bolts to the back of the base & runs through it into a grommeted port on the bottom of the filter. The pressure sensor is the round sensor in the middle of the base & is what usually folk have issue with & has been removed on newer bases.

Saying the water sensor is not necessary means your fuel filter would just dump diesel all-over if you tried to run w/o it. Mine's leaking between the sensor & the filter grommet & I don't particularly want to buy $75 worth of filter housing assembly just to fix a piddly bolt-on part leak.
That is what I am looking for.
Exactly.
I thought a thread would get an answer, or a PM from someone who has one.

Nothing yet,
Lil help.....

southdave

Okay, here what I did...Looked up standyne FM100 filter, they have as an optional add on function water sensor along with fuel heater that wires up to existing wiring.. I use 30micron with all the crap installed.. ie heater and water sensor, as my primary, and used 5 micron as my finial

Attachments