• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need generator and compressor info

rizzo

is the [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]MEP 0016D a 3 phase generator? is there a small diesel generator that is not a 3 phase?

I am also looking at a
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]MC 2A compressor. just gonna use it for air tools and tires and things. does it have a tank? do they work good? anything I should know about them?

thanks
[/FONT]

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't help out on the compressor, but I believe that the MEP-016D generators, most if not all are diesel engine sets. They are 3 Phase, but have a switch for 120/240 volt single phase operation and 120 volt only single phase operation.

Isaac-1

The MEP-016A-D (A-E?) series all use the same generator end, the voltage selections are a bit unusual, they include 120V only single phase, 240 V only single phase (no 120/240 single phase though, but it can be created by adding a single jumper wire when 240V only is selected on the voltage reconnection switch), also 120/208 Wye 3 phase, and an odd 120V only 3 phase mode. Internally this unit is a 6 lead reconnectable generator.

Ike