• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Generator Info

1942fordgpw

Could someone describe in detail the following Generator from the 1950's:

Manufacturer: US Motors Corporation

Model 30 US 10236A

Thanks

mijon

I'm looking to find out more information on my O'keffe and Merrit Generator/Phase Converter. I purchased the unit off of a government website thinking it was just a simple generator. When I took a look at the unit, after I bought it, I seen that it defiantly wasn't that. I've been told that its a Generator motor that's a phase converter??? I really don't know where to start. I've tried looking up some information on the unit but I really didn't dig up anything. If anyone can help me with information, it would be greatly appreciated. My biggest questions are what exactly is it? How do I attempt to crank over the engine? And what can I use it for? I've listed information from the maker tag below. Thanks

O'keffe and Merrit Model # MG-15-400 Serial # 78,
Motor Generator Set PU-126/U

Motor Rating
25 hp motor
Rpm at Rated Load 1735
Frequency 60
3 phase, voltage 208, rated load amps 55 per line

Generator Rating
Y connection
120/208 volts
3 phase, 4 wire
43.5 Rated load Amps per line

Triangle connection
120 volts
1 phase, 2 wire
10 kw output
104 rated amps

Jimc

Im not sure about what you have but any 3 phase motor can be a phase converter. Single phase runs the motor and it generates the other 2 legs to make 3 phase out of single. Quite common for people running 3 phase equipment when none is avail.

Triple Jim

Could someone describe in detail the following Generator from the 1950's:

Manufacturer: US Motors Corporation

Model 30 US 10236A

Thanks
I came across a thread on Smokstak about US Motors, with some clues about the current status of the company: http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14900

Also, there appears to be a German manual on it: http://books.google.com/books/about/Aggregaat_op_4_wielig_onderstel_U_S_moto.html?id=oRrOjwEACAAJ The title has a little information: "motor: Hercules motor corp. model JXLD : Generator: Kato engineering 10 : model 55 MSSS type 2531"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks