• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help 003a in previously perfect condition stopped producing power.

storeman

Found the problem! My back has been bothering me so I apparently did not get low enough to see that I failed to reconnect J12 after I had moved it out of the way to cut the neutral to ground wire. All is well. Thanks for all your efforts in trying to help me. Good cheap birthday present!
Jerry :oops::oops:

dependable

The neutral (LO) to ground wire is held on by nut (1/2 inch wrench I believe) on back side of ground terminal nut on frame. I unbolt it and tape it off, and make a note (on tape) that neutral /ground bond has been disconnected. That way unit can be put back to separately derived configuration by just re attaching the wire that connects LO to ground. Just saying you don't have to cut the wire.

Last edited:

Rapracing

The neutral (LO) to ground wire is held on by nut (1/2 inch wrench I believe) on back side of ground terminal nut on frame. I unbolt it and tape it off, and make a note (on tape) that neutral /ground bond has been disconnected. That way unit can be put back to separately derived configuration by just re attaching the wire that connects LO to ground. Just saying you don't have to cut the wire.
Yep! That's what I did only I didn't put a note on it. Hopefully if I ever need it I'll remember where I took it off :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks