• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help choosing color

Color: Desert Sand or Patina?

• Desert Sand

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Patina

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FightLikeAGirl

Obviously I'm going to do what makes me happy, since I know I will be the one looking at it everyday. The point of my question was that I cannot decide b/w 2 colors that I believe would both make me happy..and so was interested in what others have found visually pleasing in their experience.
Do you think flipping a coin would be better??

L1A1

If you've painted it once, it can be (re)painted again. So if tan "does it" for you, by all means paint it tan. If you discover that you don't like the color after all or at some point you get tired of it, you can always pick another color. It's one of the fun things about MV ownership....
Matt

L1A1

The only thing I'm concerned about is that I will never be able to go back to patina..otherwise I would just start experimenting with colors.
While I have seen a "patina" finish painted on cars (hot-rods) it usually takes the services of an artist and will not be cheap. You are absolutely right in that once you paint over that real patina, you won't be able to go back to it. I have seen where guys (again, hot-rodders) sprayed a clear coat over the old, faded paint (patina) to keep it from deteriorating any more.

Not really sure what to advise you on, here. I'm the kind of guy who likes to completely go through everything on a vehicle leaving nothing alone including a proper paint job. As I sit here typing, I must admit that the patina finish -maybe with a flat clear coat on top, sounds pretty cool. It's something that I've never done...
Matt

FightLikeAGirl

That's what I meant by patina..the natural history of paint on it now, with just a flat clear coat to keep it from rusting. Something I could never go back to. Hence the real dilemma here.

nattieleather

This is just my humble opinion but looking over the picture of your truck there again in my opinion is nothing special there. It looks like the truck may have been painted over at some point and are those primer spots on the truck? I would just paint it and have fun driving it. Now if the truck was in it's original color with original markings then I would be looking to save the patina of the truck and keeping "original". Again this is just my opinion and please do with your truck as you wish.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks