• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help deciding to buy M1009

sps8072

From what I've seen,
"NF03V6" on driver's door is the registration#, "MONG" on front pass. bumper may be Missouri National Guard. The 1138P, I'm scratching my head on- probably a unit designation.

The person to ask, who really knows his stuff cold, is on this site w/ the user name of "carnac". Do a search for the "vin info" thread, and you should be able to find him.
Give him as much info as you can (look at driver's side data plate- at the door latch, on your b pillar), including the serial number(vin), when your agency got the truck and the registration#(NF03V6).
He should be able to tell you which unit had the truck last, and what the markings mean.
Here's another link that might help:
U.S. MILITARY VEHICLES: MARKINGS

You found the right site for info and support for the M1009. Members here have helped me immeasurably on my quest to maintain and restore my M1009's (have 2 w/ a 3rd on the way).

I'd have to concur with the others- buy it, you know you want it. If you have to justify it to a wife/gf as many of us do, point out that it is easy to fix, parts(for the most part) are cheap, it goes great through the snow, and gets 20+ mpg. Compared to most "modern" full size SUVs, it's an "economy car". How's that for a chuckle- early 80's, nutz n'bolts technology w/ no computer gadgetry.:smile:

Good Luck

bullfrog

On closer inspection, the bottom of the drivers side rocker is completely rusted out. Passenger is rusted out in a 6" section. So both will need to be cut and replaced.

1 hour left to bid......

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sam I really like your new Avatar. That pink one is so perty you should put a bow on it.

Since I found so much rust on mine I have to give you crap for getting the best one of the 3:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks