• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help diagnosing a failing injection pump

beckel

Hi Guys -

I have a 92 M998 which has been running erratically as of late. In a nutshell, on a cold start the truck fires right up..faster than my 2015 F350 in fact. Is does not smoke and it runs very well other than a small knock that comes and goes. However, after you have run the truck up to operating temp and shut it down it smokes heavily upon restart at idle. The truck doesnt smoke under load though. The smoke is white and burns your eyes so I know it is a rich condition. I have replaced the fast idle solenoid and installed new injectors but the problem persists. I am certain that truck isnt burning coolant and I dont detect any blow-by at the oil filler cap.

This sounds to me like a failing injection pump but I wanted to get the groups opinion before sending my pump for rebuild. I have a tac n time tool which i used to dial in the timing a few months back but that also did not fix the problem.

Any advice you guys have for me is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks