• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help finding info on my deuce

deuce_09

i bought a deuce from a fire station who put paint over everything but lights, gauges and windows so i do not know how to tell wat yer it is or any other info on it.can anyone help?

earnie

i bought a deuce from a fire station who put paint over everything but lights, gauges and windows so i do not know how to tell wat yer it is or any other info on it.can anyone help?
well if your looking for info
first off i would chemical strip the paint off the left front frame rail between the steering box fwd to the bumper that is where the serial number should be

second is the 4x8 approx data plate above the glove box still there, if so use a fingernail,YES A FINGERNAIL or a wooden tounge depressor to remove the paint from it( TAKE IT OFF THE DASH, GET A BEER and sit on the porch as this might take a bit,
third take a DA sander with no more agressive grit than 200 and hit the front bumper, and bumperettes on the back the unit numbers that it served in should still be there,
fourth sand the sides of the hood just above the side cowl drop down doors in the same fashion

the reason for not chem stripping the data plate and the rest is it will destroy whatever info might still be there
if the parts were not replaced this should get the ball rolling
then CARNAC would be the one to PM on the found data
good luck, hope this helps

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As earnie said, check for a frame number.

As for the dash data plate, you can use chemical paint stripper to remove the paint. I've used paint stripper before and it will not affect the paint on the data plate. You can also use the stripper for any of your other data plates, just make sure you don't get it on any of the paint you want to stay.

earnie

any luck yet

any luck on finding any numbers yet
any pics=the dash=instrument panel=does it have a tach, no tach in the panel might say mid 1950's thru early 1960

multi fuel or gas
keep us posted

deuce_09

no info yet ive been kinda busy helpin a friend on his mud truck,havent been home much to look at it. ill try to get info on it as soon as i have time. its a multi fuel an when i asked the fire chief what year it was but he told me that most deuces are strait piped and that the one i bought has a muffler on it and that they only had that in a certain year. im not sure if hes right or not...its a white non turbo multi fuel if that helps

Last edited:

deuce_09

this deuce im tryin to find info on is my donor deuce for my bobbed deuce project. i will be getting another one with no engine next week week or so and i will swap the engine out of the donor into it. the other one im getting was painted the right way and is from
another fire station down the road and has a title. i should get to work on it as soon as i get it. cant wait

deuce_09

if u want to see a pic of the donor deuce look on my profile
maybe someone with a fast internet can post them up on here (hint)
it took me about 12min. to download those pics.actually more like 20

Last edited:

Heavysteven

Muffler does not tell any thing on the year. It was added are the headlights on the top near the hood or at the bottom near the bumper.

I would be asking if it was a sprag or air shift on the transfercase if your going to be offroading

deuce_09

i believe it is airshift because neither the brakes or the transfer case worked when i got it,no pressure in the tanks,no buzzer noise..nothin:confused: and it alomst caught on fire. they rig'd all the wiring for the sirens and stuff they had in it.
thats why i made it a donor deuce.any idea why nothin worked?

ok tell me if im missing a few numbers here.
these are the numbers stamped in the frame of the truck on the drivers side under the fender.
i got 0525 2523 and i think a 4..

Last edited:

deuce_09

Muffler does not tell any thing on the year. It was added are the headlights on the top near the hood or at the bottom near the bumper.

I would be asking if it was a sprag or air shift on the transfercase if your going to be offroading
look at my album on my profile to look at some pics of it