• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help finding unobtanuim part!

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys, I need your help desperately.

I have been working a deal with a local guy for a very nice M35A2 with a LDT-465 whistler in very nice condition. It had been sitting for a while though, so he took it to the local "big truck" service guys for oil plus filters. Well, apparently it sputtered and they told him the in tank lift pump was bad, don't know if it was.... these guys didn't know the truck. They did replace the pump but then started messing with the injector pump.

Long story short, the rig would no longer run after being at their shop for 6 weeks and was towed back to the owners place after they backed another vehicle into it (minor damage-they replace some items).

Well, turns out they took the delivery valve screw out of the hydraulic head (no idea why!) and LOST the spring! Put the screw back in and didn't tell the owner. The shiny scuffs on the bolt were the first clue.

Now I know this truck ran well about a year ago, it lived 1/2 a mile from me and I'd smile every time I heard the whistler comin' down the road. But she ain't gonna run without that one little spring and I can't seem to source one anywhere. Or even an HH ; new, rebuilt, working or for parts! Everything else checks out.

I really want to close the deal, but I've been told no more project rigs at the homestead, so this has to be running well before cash changes hands.

Anyone have an idea where I can source one of these springs or equivalent? I reread everything, including the TM looking for part numbers to track; nothin'. It must be pretty tough cause the manual says the delivery value is supposed to test to a max of 425 psi.
Any help with this will get me a pretty cherry whistler and a happy dance!

Thanks,
Bob

BTW - if the M35A2 goes through she says the M36 has to go so,.... well, we'll see.

Last edited:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are still places that will refurbish & rebuild these. If you have one near you, I'm sure they can sell you a spring.

Do you have TM 9-2910-226-34? I believe they have part numbers for everything in the pump.

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you both for replying .
Yes I have the TM, unfortunately it doesn't break down the Hydraulic Head, not that I can find anyway. I will try Gimpy. The spring is as "B" below.
Trying to get one from Jack's in Tuscon.
Wish me luck.

Bob
Spring2.JPG
Spring1.JPG

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two multifuel engines in my front yard if you want to come look for what you need '
What?!!!!!! We have to talk... how can this be? Here in town!:D

Well, the great news is I talked to Jack at Jacks Government Surplus in Tuscon. What a great guy. I sent him a graphic of the spring from the manual yesterday and when I called this AM he said the part's in the mail. What a hero! My hat's off to him for sure. Headed down there this summer to check out some MRAPs and maybe a cab. About five years or so ago the wife tolerated me as I strolled around his yard by the base for about three hours drooling. If you get a chance you have to check it out.

In the meantime, you and I have to talk. I will PM you my number and we need to visit. I'll buy you a beer or three. Or an iced tea if that's your pref.

Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks