• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help finding WMO!

tiny110

Banned
i live in southeast texas. and i am having a lot of trouble finding wmo. i have tryed some door to door at businesses that i know have got wmo with no luck. i even have an ad up on an online classifieds for 3 months with no real luck.. and i have told them i am willing to meet of beat the price of whoever they have picking up their oil now. i have 3 empty totes in my back yard that i want full a pneumatic pump and sock filters and sock filter housing with nothing to pump.

any advice would be appreciated...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Times are a changing. With all the EPA regulations now, most shops are required to track and account for all their waste oil.

Find some small mom-and-pop shops and just keep looking. Also try the lawn mower repair shops.

Last edited:

jamawieb

Don't forget about farmers, most farmers will let you get all the wmo they have so they don't have to dispose of it.

eagle4g63

Check golf courses, I score some there.....I leave my cell number and come get it as soon as they call. Also like said check the small places, EPA crack down on large places so no good(unless you have a friend in one)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Used motor oil has become a hot commodity now.......the companies that used to charge to haul it off are now paying for it.

I noticed that some of the big auto parts chain stores are now selling "Recycled Oil" and claiming it is as good as new.

You are going to have to be creative about your procurement.

Seth_O

I put the word out with folks in my community - friends of friends, houses nearby when I see someone out working on their own vehicle, etc . I don't need a ton, 15-20ga/mo is plenty for me so it doesn't take much. Also, do you have a small/county airport nearby? I scored ~50ga from a helicopter tour place that way. They told me I could come get it every couple of months if I wanted.

DeucesWild11

I got lucky with a guy that services generators.. That stuff is so clean I want to use it as engine oil in my car first! Anyway check out companies in your area servicing generators, that may work. I was also for myself going to check local shops that service lawnmowers and such.. they usually have to empty bad gas out of machines that get gummed up over the winter.. You can use the bad gas to thin out some of the WMO when you get it.. Just a thought..

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a few dealerships and 10 minute oil changes, I know for a fact Safety Clean pays 70 cents a gallon for wast oil pick up. I offered $1.00 a gallon and got lucky. It's always good to get to know your round the corner oil change guy.

Also fleet truck stops are a good source but beware " They combine all fluids together" they mix ATF, UMO, PS. The multi fuel will eat it up. Filter, filter, filter...!

same problem...

I'm haveing the same problem. I've checked with a large number of local oil-change places (big chains and small outfits as well) and get the same story. Either they have a contract with some company, or they are afraid of the EPA jumping on them if there is a spill.

What's the secret handshake or whatever to get in the door? I've spent a lot of effort picking out a multi fuel truck, but I can't find any dang alt fuel to burn in it.

Any other suggestions for sources would be greatly appreciated.

joshs1ofakindxj

Heck, I have people dropping it off at my house once I got the word out. Seems like the culture around my area is big on changing your own oil and saving it for no reason so I keep finding normal people with 55 gal drums in their garages and nothing to do with it so they're glad I come and get it.

I've collected about 650 gallons since I started last October or November.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks