• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help getting an item I purchased from a member or else a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last January I purchased an item from a well known and respected member of the Steel Soldiers community. We exchanged PMs about the item several times leading up to and for a short while after the sale. Our communications have always been friendly and I always felt that I would get the item I purchased.

It is now 8 months since I made payment for the item and I still do not have the item. Furthermore, except for 1 brief exchange of 3 PMs we had in July, I have been unable to contact him since shortly after the sale because his PM inbox is always full. Perhaps this is coincidence, perhaps it is not.

I am aware that I can leave negative feedback, but that is likely to guarantee that I will never see the item or the refund.

I am also aware of the concept of "Buyer Beware" and would like to re-state that this is a well known and respected member of the Steel Soldiers community. This is why, along with the amicable nature of our communications up to and shortly after the sale, that I felt comfortable with the transaction.

Furthermore, I made what I now know is a mistake. I sent the payment via PPal as a "gift". Many members ask for this to avoid paying PPals fees. While this seems to be a reasonable thing to do to help a fellow member, I'm sure PPal will do nothing to assist me since I told them that the money was a "gift". I will never send money via PPal as a "gift" again.

So, my questions are:

1. Is there any way that his PM inbox can be emptied (or temporarily enlarged) so I can at least contact him and ask for a refund?

2. Is there a process, other than simply leaving feedback, that Steel Soldiers has in place to resolve issues like this? If so, can you advise me how to proceed?

3. Are there any suggestions you can offer to assist me in resolving this?

Thank you,
WB9BTZ

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog is right, contact a moderator about your problem.

We try our best to rectify these situations.

goldneagle

I see 2 moderators say contact a moderator. That is like a cop saying call the cops. Wouldn't it be easier to just contact the member and ask what you can do to assist?

K9Vic

I see 2 moderators say contact a moderator. That is like a cop saying call the cops. Wouldn't it be easier to just contact the member and ask what you can do to assist?
No, it is more like educating everyone else that just read this to contact a moderator over publicly posting it.

goldneagle

No, it is more like educating everyone else that just read this to contact a moderator over publicly posting it.
That is not what they wrote. If that was the intended message then it should have been "I recommend you contact a moderator before posting the issue in public forum"

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok that's it, thread closed.

I haven't contacted to OP as I'm almost sure Warthog already has. Even if he hasn't, the OP still needs to contact a mod about the details of this situation if he wants our help.

If anybody thinks they've gotten a raw deal, they should contact a mod instead of starting a thread in the open forum. If there is a guy that is screwing people over, we will take appropriate action and inform the membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks