• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help Hauling 1968 M35A2 Deuce from CO to TX

austin99

I need help hauling a 1968 M35A2 Deuce from Black Hawk, CO 80422 to Corpus Christi, TX 78404 (would consider San Antonio or Houston). It weighs approximately 13,400 lb. It is fully operational so loading and unloading should be fairly simple with ramps. If you are interested please contact me.
Thanks!

MO MV man

Have you tried uship.com?
I posted on there when I almost bought one from Oklahoma.
And actually got a few responses from folks who have hauled Deuces before.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am on uship now requesting bids. I have received two bids so far but they seem a little high. Ill keep searching. Thanks for the tip.
They probably will be, but just decline them. They wanted to charge me $488 to move a deuce from Ft. Still to Ft. Worth (185 miles). At $265 a mile plus fees for ramps and stuff...pass. Who knows, you may get lucky with a back haul. :beer:

MO MV man

That's what I was shooting for-someone on a back haul who'd rather have a full trailer than an empty.
Most bids I got were rather high in my opinion BUT......
After a week, 3 of the 4 responded with lower amounts!
Guess they were hoping I'd nab the first amount, hoping I was in a hurry. Nope.

I ended up driving down to check that deuce out and good thing I did........the truck was not what I expected. A lot of driving for nothing but at least I didn't get an "Oh My God" when it arrived on the car hauler!

austin99

Thanks for the advice! I did a lot of research before I bought one so Im pleased with my purchase, just need to haul it home now. I am looking for $1.25 or less per mile but I have not found it yet.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Did you buy it from Jeff? Why not try and drive it? I bought 3 trucks from him and drove them pretty far. You might have a shot at 1.75 a mile or so. Keep up with uship. I got a 6K bid to move a Duece from CO to NC 1700 miles! But someone will put a bid on thats close to what your looking, might take some time - Jay

MO MV man

Did you buy it from Jeff? Why not try and drive it? I bought 3 trucks from him and drove them pretty far. You might have a shot at 1.75 a mile or so. Keep up with uship. I got a 6K bid to move a Duece from CO to NC 1700 miles! But someone will put a bid on thats close to what your looking, might take some time - Jay
Jay's right.

Give it some time and the bids will come.
And when they do, sit tight for a little while if they're not quite the price you want.......the bidders might come around. ;)

Is Blackhawk out in the middle of nowhere?
i.e. "off the beaten path" in terms of normal haul routes.

That's something to consider.

When I put up my info on uship, that was one of the killers of the deal-the fact that the truck pick-up point was literally out in the middle of nowhere.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yeah Jeffs house is real hard to get to with a tractor trailer(to most over the road drivers). Black Hawk is a old mining town deep in the hills of CO. I didnt drive them to NC but a good long trip. have Jeff drive the truck onto a main road , will be a 2 lane but better than swinging around turns and etc. to his house.
I didnt have any real problems, id drive it if I were you but thats me. I have owned alot of Dueces and if you know them well that would help. Wait for a uship quote unless you have to move it soon - Jay

Crash_AF

Use the 'Book it Now' option with what you want to pay. It helps shippers figure out what price range you are looking for. Also, you might just get a hit on that price and save the time of going back and forth.

Later,
Joe

MO MV man

Yeah Jeffs house is real hard to get to with a tractor trailer(to most over the road drivers). Black Hawk is a old mining town deep in the hills of CO. I didnt drive them to NC but a good long trip. have Jeff drive the truck onto a main road , will be a 2 lane but better than swinging around turns and etc. to his house.
I didnt have any real problems, id drive it if I were you but thats me. I have owned alot of Dueces and if you know them well that would help. Wait for a uship quote unless you have to move it soon - Jay
Bulldog speaks the truth!

I had a sinking feeling Black Hawk wasn't a "major metropolis right off the interstate".
That being said, take Bulldog's input to heart.

Driving a Deuce from Black Hawk to TX will either make you a Deuce lover or make you say, "What in the H##L was I thinking?!??!".

I'm crossing my fingers uship comes though for you.

MO MV man

Use the 'Book it Now' option with what you want to pay. It helps shippers figure out what price range you are looking for. Also, you might just get a hit on that price and save the time of going back and forth.

Later,
Joe
I did that option but the bids still poured in for $400-500 more than the amount I stated.

Until about a week into the post.......then they MAGICALLY started to come back into reality. :beer:

simoncrk

(would consider San Antonio or Houston).

David Sloan is in Houston
Turnaround Trucking
936-327-4660 office
I used him on several GL auctions. He's reasonable and easy to get along with.
Good Luck

Alredneck

Banned
I charge 1.75 a mile for members on here when I was hualing on a regular basis. trying to get that low these days with fuel more expensive will be tuff but good luck!

austin99

Thanks for all the advice guys. I will wait on more uship quotes for a week or so to see if anyone gets near my price range. If not, I will likely fly up and drive it home.:beer:

austin99

Update:

I have received a couple of bids around $1.40 per mile and one bid to drive it to Corpus Christi, TX for $1.27 per mile. Any thoughts or comments on highering someone to drive it?

I have talked to Turnaround Trucking in Houston and waiting for a bid from them today. One guy at Turnaround did say that Colorado is difficult because not a lot business for hauling there. Ill keep you posted.:driver: