• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help Hauling 1968 M35A2 Deuce from CO to TX

Tascabe

Having just driven ~700 miles roundtrip this last weekend in my Deuce - pulling a trailer with my BTR-40 on it - I can say go for it :driver:

You learn all about the various sounds and performance of your green toy - though it does get mind numbing at times in the middle of the night. :?

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Id never pay someone who doesnt drive MV's for a living or used to -to drive one. Stick with hauling it or if you know enough about them and stuff go for the drive. - Jay

fasttruck

The people who are looking for pristine m35a2s for $300 to $500 are also seeming to search for cheap transportation. With fuel at $3.00+ per gallon or at least 50 cents a mile plus at least 50 cents for the driver you cannot afford to turn the key on for $1.25/mile. Add in a pick up or delivery point an hour from the nearest interstate and the cost goes on and on. Long island, ny immediately add $100.00 for tolls for a full size truck in and out. I don't mind helping people out but not at below cost. And the costs are both oppressive and not likely to go down anytime soon.

M920

I need help hauling a 1968 M35A2 Deuce from Black Hawk, CO 80422 to Corpus Christi, TX 78404 (would consider San Antonio or Houston). It weighs approximately 13,400 lb. It is fully operational so loading and unloading should be fairly simple with ramps. If you are interested please contact me.
Thanks!
I might be able to help. I got to run down to San Antonio empty in a week to a week and a half.
I live about 300 miles south of Black Hawk so i would have to run up there and back but i could do that and deliver it to San Antonio for about $1400.00 I'm not for hire so I'm just charging you for the extra fuel.

Let me know if you are interested.

Soni

austin99

Thanks for all the input guys!

Soni - Thanks for the generous offer. I actually booked the hauling last night with a guy out of Houston. Otherwise I would have taken your offer. The guy will be hauling a generator to Lott, Texas and then bring the Deuce down to CC.

I would prefer to dive it, however I can't afford the time off work for about a month or so and I am anxious to get it here. I decided on a reputable company to haul it at a fair price. I will have it next Friday, May 14. I will provide an update on the hauling and post a few pics once it arrives!

austin99

Update:

I received my Deuce today! It is awesome! The driver did not have ramps on his stepdeck trailer so I arranged to have it unloaded at a local equipment rental place. They had a heavy duty adjustable ramp. The Deuce drove right off. The front tires were low so I added a little air and diesel and drove it home. Ill post more pics later this week.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks