• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help identifing a part.

carter262

I need help figuring out what this part is called and the part number.

I believe it is one of the parts in the red square at the top left of the schematic. The turn signal lever inserts into it. It is black and you can see it through the hole where the turn signal level inserts into the steering column.

Mine has cracked and not operating properly. When i engage the right turn signal I have to hold it.

cucv Steering.jpg

cucvrus

I have several used CUCV columns for parts. Let me know if that interests you. The ones in the red square are attached to the housing on the back. I spent a considerable amount of time surgically dis assembling a steering column. May I suggest. Only a suggestion. Remove the entire column and lay it out on a table/work bench to repair. It works mush better and eases the disassembling and reassembly. And you can clean and lube everything much better without parts falling and sitting in the truck with limited light. Other things on the column are easier to work on also. Check out my thread. The wiper switch is a breeze now. Column in the truck I ruined a few columns learning. Outside the truck the column was easy. Take Care and Be Safe. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/1986-cucv-m1009-decade-after-being-wrecked.173878/page-27

cucvrus

How about in this picture?

carter262

I have several used CUCV columns for parts. Let me know if that interests you. The ones in the red square are attached to the housing on the back. I spent a considerable amount of time surgically dis assembling a steering column. May I suggest. Only a suggestion. Remove the entire column and lay it out on a table/work bench to repair. It works mush better and eases the disassembling and reassembly. And you can clean and lube everything much better without parts falling and sitting in the truck with limited light. Other things on the column are easier to work on also. Check out my thread. The wiper switch is a breeze now. Column in the truck I ruined a few columns learning. Outside the truck the column was easy. Take Care and Be Safe. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/1986-cucv-m1009-decade-after-being-wrecked.173878/page-27

Thanks for the offer but I have a wrecked M1009 I pull usable parts off of as needed. It still has the steering column in it.

That being said the pictures in your tread did help. I have attached one of them. The part in the red square is what I am talking about. For some reason that TM parts list I have pictured in my first post did not list the name of it.

inside steering column.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks