• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help identifying a starter

Glenssurplus

I, personally, am new to the MV scene. I am the "computer guy / web guy" for a Surplus company. I've posted on here several times looking for help as I try and find the parts that our Mechanics need to get these machines road ready. You guys, ROCK

Onto, my newest project. We have been offered a surplus of starters.

NSN: 2920-01-442-9410
Prestolite: 859920
Cummins: 4078800

My job, has been to try and figure out if this Starter is usable for any of the Cummins that we would find in the deuce and 5 tons that we deal with. If they are, Fantastic! We've just come across a great deal, and my mechanics will be happy that we have them, and will no longer need to order them.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to cross reference this part to fitting either the 250 or 400. But, that might be because the only part list I have found so far for what this starter will fit, is the Cummins site, and the NSN number the Owner of our business gave me for a 400 (2815-01-550-5636) is giving me a hard time cross referencing over into a number that would even remotely look like the ones listed on the Cummins site.

So, my question is 2 fold.

1.) Does anyone know if this starter will fit / work with, the Cummins 250 or 400 found in the Deuces and 5 tons?

2.) Is there some amazing website out there that will help me cross reference the nsn number into a Cummins # like the ones that I see on the Cummins information page?

I want to learn more about these trucks. It makes my job easier for sure :) plus, I do enjoy working with the trucks, and seeing what our customers end up doing with them.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site I use is tpub.com

google "2920-01-442-9410 site:tpub.com"

It shows the starter in used on the MK-II Bridge Erection Boat.

Don't know what engine that is, but if we can find the TM 5-1940-322-24 manual we might be able to find out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks