• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help identifying this transmission

Robstonek30

How’s it going today gents? I’m new to this sight and posting here so I apologize if I make any newbie mistakes on this thread.

I recently bought a new project, the purists should probably leave now, your not going to like this!
It is a 78 K30 body and frame welded to a M211 frame and most of the drivetrain. I have the Eaton axles and transfer case, it’s powered by a 427 tall deck. The previous owner died so it’s been sitting for the past 18 months.
I’m slowly working my way through it and fixing and or replacing bits and pieces as I come to them. The plan is to get it stripped down to the frame and then start preserving things and getting it back together so I can use it. Here’s my problem, I have no idea what transmission is in this thing, it’s not the M211 automatic and it’s not the 5 speed either. I had originally thought it was the 18 speed but after talking to quite a few people about it I realized that’s probably no the case.
The shift knob in it is for a 13 speed Eaton with a splitter but the air lines aren’t there and from looking at the trans it wasn’t matching up a all. I found some numbers on it but didn’t have any luck looking them up online. I will attach the pics here.
it also has 2 shifters in the cab for the tcase, if anyone has any ideas about them I would appreciate the input.
And yes, it is an Eaton / deuce transfer case with the two output shafts for the 2 rear axles, one up high and one down low!6BE581CA-34BE-400A-A278-77BE1D0B33A8.jpeg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks