• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help IDing a trailer

56FordGuy

Hey all. I found this thing sitting in a fenced parking lot the other day. I'm working on finding the owner and trying to bring it home, but I'd like to know what it is. I have two crummy cell phone pictures that I'll like to, because they're pretty large and I can't figure out how to shrink them.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/frostedford/0925081414a.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/frostedford/0925081414b.jpg

It looks like the original lunette eye was cut off, and a civilian ball type hitch welded on. I don't know if the landing jack is original or not. It appears to have the angular fenders. From the research I've done, I'm guessing it's either a 614 or a 416. What's the difference between the two, or do y'all think this is something completely different?

Thanks!

Wolf.Dose

For shure it is not a M416 or any variation of it. The body shape is completely different, should be simelar to the T2 trailer, little wider body, different axle etc. The M416 looks the same as a T2 or M100 from the distance. See maual TM 9-2330-251-14 for the M416 trailer.
M614 is a 2 1/2 ton dump truck from the 1950's according to my list. So it can not be that one either. Sorry, can not help you with the propper identification.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks