• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help ID'ing frame/axles

ArrizX

So I recently had a friend trade a dirt bike for a project deuce. Its a rear 2.5 ton military frame and stock suspension with the front portion off a Dodge 2.5 ton ump truck.

Frame is spliced together with one bolt in each side :cookoo:

So what we have been told is all here say so we are just curious if they are correct. Its said to be a '52 military Frame and '56 Dodge cab.

Mainly we are interested in ID'ing the axles for builders parts. I.e. disk brake conversions, seals, lockers etc.

Tcase just because

Thats all I have for now.

Thanks for any help!

P.S.

I apologize if its in the wrong spot. I didnt know where to put it?

Last edited:

ODdave

Looks like front & rear axles from a M211 or M135 to me. T-case looks correct as well. Dobt your going to find much in the way of upgrades for them, just stock replacment parts.

ArrizX

Okay great thanks.

Any idea of the year, or where to get parts for them? Or where I can find specs? Just out of curiosity I am wondering shaft diameter spline count, etc.

Thanks again

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749

I like that..... BIG tires, cool cab...... Could you please tell me the size stamped on those tires?

Here's your drive-line rolling by.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz9A-_YX7Rw[/media]

The diffs/ t-case are most certainly G749 as stated by others and can be from a couple different trucks.

M135/ M211 are the same wheel base but they shortened the W/B for the M215.

Search for parts using "G749 axle parts" or "M135 axle" or "GMC M211 axle/brake parts" I'm not giving sources today because a "broad band" search is always better. "Fresh" parts become available once in a while and you don't want to miss something new. If you use those search terms the "internet available" vendors will be in your face anyhow.

Whip through "The Early Deuce" section in the " Forum" category at the top of the page.
The "M135 preservation" thread has some listings for current available replacement axle parts.
I think Section 8 (the individual not the page) "to Bob or not to Bob???" thread has the spline count and related diff. data. Gunfreak will have the spline count off the top of his head but I'm balding and keep nothing up there.

Often, if you use your favorite search engine and add 'steel soldiers' into the search terms ....ie..... "M135 differential steel soldiers"..... it is easy to find links here on this amazing database.

MilitaryTrucks.ca - Welcome! maintain your Technical Manuals......TM's..... for the G749 and can be found by clicking M135 on the main page......

There are 888 threads in this "archive link" which is like having access to a G749 university.
The Early Deuce [Archive] - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
Let us know if there's anything else you need.....

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spline count

I think this is it..... Not to Bob but ......differential madness;-)

Originally posted by "Gunfreak25"

"""""They were made from 1946 to about the mid 80's, and were put on many GM medium duty vehicles. The ring gear is 12.25", axle shafts are 1.75" with a 27 spline count. The most common gears were 6.17 and 7.20, 5.43's are very difficult to find.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/early-deuce/77281-differential-madness.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks