• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help ID'ing these things on my Deuce

tblackbu_77

So I got my truck home from KY several weeks ago. Been driving it around the neighborhood while my SF97 comes in.
So today I'm just poking around the truck and come across some things I have no idea what they are.

I took 3 pics to have the experts tell me what I'm looking at.

The First is the outlet mounted my drivers side finder surrounded by a guard. The wires disappear into the engine somewhere but I have been able to track them to the end.

The Last pic is from the dash shot. The data plate is scratched off so bad I can't read it. I know the toggle switch is spring loaded, but I have no idea what it does.

Please help this Newb.

Thanks Todd

Attachments

tblackbu_77

Another Deuce owner thought it was an Antenna hook up as well, but the triangle plate around doesn't have any mounting holes. What kind of Radio would fit this plug?

He thought it might be some diagnostic hook up, but to what I have no clue. These trucks don't have computers.

tblackbu_77

I know NBC stands for Nuke Bio Chem, but what does this outlet do ? Does it power up the unit, or transmit data?

mckeeranger

So I got my truck home from KY several weeks ago. Been driving it around the neighborhood while my SF97 comes in.
So today I'm just poking around the truck and come across some things I have no idea what they are.

The Last pic is from the dash shot. The data plate is scratched off so bad I can't read it. I know the toggle switch is spring loaded, but I have no idea what it does.
Go to the operator's manual here:

http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=86

It's on page 4-42.

I downloaded the manual and read it. It is full of stuff you won't think of, or maybe won't find on your truck just by looking around. Some things, like winch operation, you might want to print so you can look at it while reading about it. If you don't use the feature often (again, stuff like the winch) you might even keep a copy in the dash storage box.