• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help in determining what to use in the truck.....

Crazyguypa

Question 1:

I’ve searched the forum extensively and I could not make a determination what is an acceptable substitute for GAA. No local automotive shops or Walmart carry anything that has the GAA mil-spec number. So what is acceptable to use as an alternative? What do you guys use?

Question 2:

I’m looking at chaining the fluid in the transmission, transfer case, and all the differentials. No one sells GL-1 (locally) off the shelf, I could possible order some, but from what I read on the forum GL-5 with an MT-1 rating is an acceptable replacement for GL-1? Is that right or am I totally out to lunch? I’d like to use something readily accessible without having to store pails, but don’t want to screw anything up by not using the right lube.

I’d rather look stupid for asking the question than to look stupid when I use the wrong stuff and screw up my truck.

cten

Gee, I just picked up GL1 at Walmart about two years ago in a 5 gallon bucket. You should be able to find posting in regards to GL1 as there has been multiple conversations through the years.

acetomatoco

GAA is just generic chassis lube...nothing exotic...been the same for years and years... used on the wagon wheels in the old days. GL1 is still in extensive use by the old tractor guys.. go to Tractor Supply and get it all you want.

acetomatoco

Must be the yuppie version Tractor Supply there in Indiana.... Maybe ya gotta say need old tractor gear oil....and the dollar a tube chassis lube.