• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEED HELP IN GEORGIA

ironhorsethegeneral

We would like to know if anyone here in Georgia has a tow bar or a tow truck that could help us get our truck to Tallapoosa, Ga. We are having problems with the brakes they do not work. My husband is not able to fix it himself becuse he is still weak from all the chemo that he has been doing this past year. We are not sure what the problem is. We would be willing to pay for a tank of fuel for someone if they could help us get it to the repair shop. Please let us know if anyone can help us out. We would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Capt.Marion

Acworth is about 200 or so miles from Nashville...

I'd love to help, but I'm afraid there's not much I can do with school during the day.

FreightTrain

Banned
hey,before you haul it to the shop what are the symtoms.....maybe there is a chance it is something simple and I might be able to sweet talk Deuceless Wrecker into driving over and giving it a shot.....I have a little knowledge of these brakes(Earplugs will be required if you don't want to hear me sound like a sailor trying to get the cap off the master Cylinder.....).

JohnnyReb

Brakes the only repair needed?
May be easier for someone to come fix it on site then tow it 80 miles.

How soon do you need it fixed?

Maybe some of us can arrange a "fix it" day at your place if we know more about the problem.

Capt.Marion

Yeah, what needs fixin'? I don't know much about deuces specifically, but I've been working on trucks and tractors for my whole life and would sure be glad one weekend to take the 30 minute drive and do some work!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is exactly the matter? if it can't be fixed I do have a towbar but the duece is waiting for it's new transfer case to get installed so we'd have to get someone to tow it-FT maybe???

ironhorsethegeneral

The pedal goes down to the floor stops about 1/2 inch from floor. That barely stops the truck. That is where the brakes stop. That just happened overnight. Moved it in yard and brakes felt ok then tried to drive it a few weeks later and it would not stop the truck. We could always have a deuce party.

Chris, Trish,
Squirt-Truck here, Is the truck at your place in Acworth? Or is it in Tallapoosa?
I can get to your place to check out the brakes this weekend if Acworth, or Lil-Squirt canalways tow her to the shop. Lets try to coordinate a site inspection and potential repair first. I will be available for the tow if we have to.

Regards,
Squirt Truck

madsam

My 5 ton had something like that. It was not the air. It was fine when things were warm, but when it got cold, had issues. I also had a jeep with a hydrolic clutch with same probs. Felt like stepping on a plumb. I found watter in both hydrolic fluid. Has it gotten below freezing there lately? Just a thought.

beaubeau

Be sure to check the vent hose on Master Cyl. ! Most of the time just add brake fluid and pump the heck out of it. It should get U to where U want to Go! Sounds like U got plenty of volunteers, Good Luck, All. Phil

ironhorsethegeneral

HELP IN GEORGIA

Thanks to all of you that wanted to help. We have sent it to the shop. The guy came and got it for us. He is from CSI. We think the problem is in the Hydropack. Fluid is being pumped back into the sytem. Thanks again to all that wanted to help. It was greatly appreciated.

JohnnyReb

Glad it worked out for you.
I was alittle farther away than others but I had worked on my brakes last year and knew enough to be dangerous! Rebuilt the airpack, etc....

Great to see the support of the forum.

Heck, I can't get my relatives to hold the wrench on the bolt to tighten a nut..... but then again I guess they know me... :roll:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear it worked out. I will be at CSI tomorrow afternoon, maybe i'll see it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks