• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help installing tank heater

chaparral2j

bought zerostart 1500w tank heater, says to install in engine drain plug on bottom of engine, but thats blocked on both sides of the engine by the engine mounts. cant install in the radiator drain plug because its on the opposite side from the heater hose and at to sharp of a angle to run the 5/8 hose off, plus the fan shroud is in the way from running it over to the heater hose which is 4 ft away, too far. so I need a lower radiator hose adapter that tees off to 5/8 so I can run it off there to the heater then to the heater hose which bypasses the thermostat. anybody know where to buy that adapter? or am I missing an engine block coolant drain somewhere. If anybody has ever installed one of these I would be grateful to know how. thanks.

crasheej

I have mounted tank heaters in the heater hose on several tractor, pickups, and large farm trucks. They done the job as we never had any trouble starting them on the coldest days.

Wyofj40

Well, I used a Katz tank heater. As far as tying it into the system, I bought a tee from Napa that fits the lower radiator hose and hooked up there. I will post pics later.