• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help locating a part

texas30cal

I'm looking for the two rectangular rubber seals that seal the windshield frame to the cowl. They are attached to the frame with screws on the bottom near the outside edge of the frame.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are looking for spare parts, please post a want ad in the "Parts Wanted" section of our classifieds.

Last edited:

texas30cal

It's a m35a2, I guess it's kind of a want ad, but more so want to know what it's called or if anyone knows of a vendor that has it. I prob should have titled it" need help identifying a part"

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The experienced would start a thread about the project / repair or add an entry to the 'What have you done to your deuce this week'. Post some pix of the progress. Then say "now all I need to find is a couple of these rubber squares.". Next thing you know people are falling over themselves to help.

Or post a want ad, as previously mentioned. :)

Guyfang

Staff member
Do you have the TM's? Look it up. Its always easier to ID something when looking at an exploded picture. AND, you can often see that there are several different types of the same part, one for each different model of truck. Then everyone is on the same sheet of music.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And you can google search it by part number and or NSN as well as lean the proper name.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
................ but more so want to know what it's called .............
OK, let me help a bit with this...

Part number: 7373337, NSN 9390-00-737-3337 (unchanged since the early 50's and up to the last -A3 models)

Since you might find some parts books only calling this "WEATHERSEAL", or more vaguely:"NONMETALLIC, SPECIAL" (TM 9-2320-361-34P, JUL1993) - or even completely missing just that part# and description.... (like TM 9-2320-209-20P, rev. DEC1989), Item#33 - Fig.158, on page 336)...

... I'm posting this, from TM 9-2320-209-34P (1976, rev. in NOV1989), to be found in our own library:

Attachments

texas30cal

Thanks very much gringeltaube, that's what I needed!! It's EXTREMELY hard for me to look at tm's at home, dsl internet is not available, dish network sat internet isn't available, and on my phone I usually have 1-2 bars of 4g or 1 bar of lte. Only option is broadband but I need 80' of tower.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks