• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help moving 2 M211's from upstate NY. to southeastern MA.

goodfellaelvin

I have been a SS member for 4-5 months now. I finally acquired 2 deuces after searching for 5 years. It took a long time, but a few months ago i came across a ad for a few 1950's GMC M211, and the rest is history. I am waiting for better weather so the ground can harden. I need help to haul them home. They are in upstate NY, and they need to go 270 miles to southeastern MA. I would appreciate any help. They do not run on there own, mostly all the tires are in tact which might mean the trucks possibly could be towed just by lifting the front tires. The weather should be accommodating by the end of this month of April. Maybe a few days into May, so please let me know as soon as possible. Sincerely Goodfellaelvin

goodfellaelvin

Thanks Porkysplace, i am not so worried about getting both trucks home at the same time, it's the getting from there to home part that's tricky. I can't afford to have it towed all those miles, and i don't have a truck or a truck strong enough to tow one truck at a time on a trailer or a tow dolly to just lift the front end up. The gentlemen who sold me the trucks will let me leave one truck on his property and that i can take the other. He said when i am ready for the second one to let him now when it's convenient for me and we can arrange pick up for the second truck. Any help will be appreciated very much. Till the next time we speak keep on truckin. sincerely Goodfellaelvin

robert c neth

Banned
when i brought mine home i found a guy with a dump truck and pintle hook and with my tow bar got them home.i bought my own dump truck and now haul them myself.

goodfellaelvin

I know exactly what you mean Robert. My first thought was try getting somebody to do that exact same thing, but unfortunately i have no one with a truck besides not having the ability to tow, i also don't have a tow bar. My only possible idea to this awful situation(getting the trucks home) is having the trucks towed by my roadside assistance and then try to cover the rest some how. I know i can get both towed at the same time, but the free miles the service pays for isn't close to the miles to get it home. All i can do is pray for help from the big guy. He gave me these wonderful deuces, which do need alot of work, but have plenty of potential left. The price i paid for both trucks was better, than what i would have gotten for only one for that same price. Well folks keep up that good work. To Be Continued...........GOODFELLAELVIN

goodfellaelvin

Time is ticking away, and i am still on the shipping. I have 2 maybe 3 things in play to try to take care of delivery. Only a few weeks left until the weather gets good enough for the ground to be hard enough for the tow truck to do its thing. If any one can help please let me know, any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks

goodfellaelvin

To all Steel Soldiers, I have 2 weeks left to manage a way to get 2 deuces pulled, pushed, or towed from NY. to Southeastern Mass. Can anyone help me? i will compensate and fuel is on me.....

goodfellaelvin

It's cool bro. At least you considered that thought. It's better than what i can say about others. I found out that there is no flats on the deuces, so they can be towed by just pulling them with a tow-bar.

pa.rich

Want another?

Not to add to your problems but I am near the other 211's and do you want another? I have a nice one with title. Partly restored, Needs 4 wheel cylinders. Have all the parts from Memphis. Needs a water pump put on , have the pump.Make a decent offer.Around 2900.

rickf

It's cool bro. At least you considered that thought. It's better than what i can say about others. I found out that there is no flats on the deuces, so they can be towed by just pulling them with a tow-bar.
Do a search for Do a search for Mike Popp, He moves a lot of equipment for people but that may be to large for him. Can't hurt to ask.

Rick

Here is a link to him on the G838.org site.

http://www.g838.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4842

Last edited: