• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help on 1956 M135 In Tank Fuel Pump

hungryhungarianz

In my restoration project of the M135 i am almost at the point where the engine is running.

I took out the fuel pump and cleaned it out. Cleaned all the contacts. Cleaned the carb but when i took of the fuel lines i am not getting fuel to the carb.

I checked the wires from the ignition and i am getting power to the contact by the fuel pump. I took out the fuel pump out of the gas tank. Please explain to me how to test the fuel pump so i can see if it pumps?

When the ignition key is turned. Should the fuel pump kick in and pump some fuel to the carb?

cmpman

As soon as you turn on the ignition switch, you should hear the motor of the pump humming. It will (should) keep on humming until you turn the switch off. If you don't hear the pump, then it isn't working.
Those pumps are getting harder to find. You can leave it in place and install a 24v inline pump on the frame, however, you will have to plug a bleed hole on the upper part of the in-tank line in order for it to draw fuel.

hungryhungarianz

So the pump will stay on and running until the vehicle engine is operating?

And is there any way of testing those motors out to see if they still work? Thank you for your help and advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks