• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help on identifying a color

gungearz

You know there's are quite a few shades of od green...? Check out a website called TM9.com. They show most of the military shades of green. Can I at least get a cookie...lol...

SteveKuhn

At TM9 Ordnance Products - Paint for Vintage Vehicles and Equipment look at the bottom of the page for:

Dunkelgelb RAL 7028
An authentic WWII German color shade used from 1943 through the end of the WW II in the Western Theater of Operation. Replicated from an original Paint chip.

I don't trust colors on computer monitors but the truck and the chip look awfully close on my screen.

Somewhere there's also a thread on Israeli colors and it could be close to one of them. That one got matched at a hobby shop paint display, I think.

Steve

You can also always take a small part to a body shop and they can color match it with their scanner or if your a house paint guy just take it to Home Depot and they can do the same.