• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help on manual glow plug button

escalade

I know that this problem has been asked many times as I can see on this site but I have tried to do a search to fix this problem but I did not have alot of luck on finding the answer. I am new to the forum so that may be the problem but I hope someone can help. I have a M1009 that is having starting problems, installed new glow plugs today purchased from Indusadist off of ebay. Truck would still not start. Glow plug light will come on and stay on for longer than normal that it has in the past 3 years. Put meter on glow plugs and they were not getting power. Turned key on and off a few times and 1 time the plugs cycled for a short time and the truck started great but after that the same old long cycle time but no power to the glow plugs. I would like to bypass the controller and put a manual push button to fire the glow plugs manually with a button on the dash but I need help on the wiring and instructions. Please help.