• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help putting in time to remove HH

Av3fire

Is there a way to put these big boys in time (so the white mark and the red tooth are aligned) to be able to pull the HH by yourself?
I am replacing my HH and have everything else ready to go, with the exception of setting timing
I know how to do it on my car, but this is a bit different and google and searches here have not yielded the info
Thanx in advance

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just the Head is all you have to worry about. The advance window we do not worry about but it will be real close to it's mark but not right on. Red / scribe tooth on pointer we pull.

Av3fire

Just the Head is all you have to worry about. The advance window we do not worry about but it will be real close to it's mark but not right on. Red / scribe tooth on pointer we pull.

I understand these need to align, but i do not know how to "roll the motor" to get these marks lined up...... on my cars, i just put a wrench on the crank..... need to know how to turn this big pig by hand

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s been a little while but I believe I put the transfer case in neutral and the transmission in 5th gear. I used a big box end wrench on the yolk of the Jack shaft. I was underneath turning while my wife was watching the pointer up on top.

Av3fire

It’s been a little while but I believe I put the transfer case in neutral and the transmission in 5th gear. I used a big box end wrench on the yolk of the Jack shaft. I was underneath turning while my wife was watching the pointer up on top.
i think i might have an issue with my transfer case...... when i put the selector in the middle position, the truck wants to roll when i try to turn the jackshaft

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks